User Info Menu

A virtual collaboration with Bob Magnuson on Oboe. This music is completely improvised with the oboe part recorded first and sent via email. The guitar is added in one take (first take) with minimal preview and nothing planned. Spontaneous composition. Bob's studio wizardry then combines the separate video files by removing the green screen background, adjusting the lighting and synchronizing and superimposing both videos over the original digital artwork of another virtual friend Glenn Thomas. None of us have ever met or been known to each other before this collaboration born out of pandemic resourcefulness.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut

A virtual collaboration with Bob Magnuson on Oboe. This music is completely improvised with the oboe part recorded first and sent via email. The guitar is added in one take (first take) with minimal preview and nothing planned. Spontaneous composition. Bob's studio wizardry then combines the separate video files by removing the green screen background, adjusting the lighting and synchronizing and superimposing both videos over the original digital artwork of another virtual friend Glenn Thomas. None of us have ever met or been known to each other before this collaboration born out of pandemic resourcefulness.
    Wow. That came out very, very cool.

I see you've been playing more flat top lately? Something about winter...

User Info Menu

Very nice! the Acoustic guitar and the oboe complement each other tonally quite nicely. Well done!

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=mr. beaumont;1100786
    I see you've been playing more flat top lately? Something about winter...[/QUOTE]

The bigger factor is I finally think I have a decent recording process for the instrument. Took some time to tame

User Info Menu

very cool! reminds me of the band -oregon...with ralph towner and paul mccandless on oboe

good stuff

cheers

User Info Menu

Mark,
    You are the Master of free jazz.
    Great video!
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. Did anyone notice we’re tuned to A432Hz for this one?

User Info Menu

I didn't notice the pitch change, though I often do similar myself, even lower.

I love the oboe, and Bob is a great player. Wonderful performance from both of you.

User Info Menu

Just came back for seconds. Excellent ears, intuition and.... patience :)

Really though. Folks who think there's nothing to free playing oughta try it sometime.