Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Jazzy original compositions (but not strictly jazz). All guitar parts are played on my ES-125.

Promotional teaser:

The album is released on Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music, Deezer, iHeartradio.... and all the streaming media covered by our distributor DistroKid.

You can also listen to it on YouTube!

This Is Eva la Voix - YouTube

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Congrats, Jay - cool trailer!

User Info Menu

Just had a listen through it on youtube!
    Turned out really nice! Dig the compositions aswell as the arrangements, and I gotta say you sound superb!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TOMMO
    Congrats, Jay - cool trailer!
    Thanks! The trailer is a bit of fun - I made it on my iPhone using a standard template from iMovie! Our album “This Is Eva La Voix” is out!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Just had a listen through it on youtube!
    Turned out really nice! Dig the compositions aswell as the arrangements, and I gotta say you sound superb!
    Thanks Webby!

User Info Menu

Best of luck on what looks to be a first-rate work!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Best of luck on what looks to be a first-rate work!
    Thanks K!

User Info Menu

Maybe nice to give some details about the recording process:

We were all in the same room and recorded everything at once, real old school. We couldn’t correct any errors because of the bleeding of the instruments into eachother’s mics. So all songs are 1-takers, including the solos, really old school. We could only add some stuff afterwards (additional vocals, a little rhythm guitar under the guitar solo in one of the tracks, and that’s all). So it’s a really pure and natural recording I think.

Recording equipment was an old Tascam reel to reel 16-track tape machine. No computers or software were used during mixing, the whole process was analog, including a delay effect in the track Full Of Sh!t

The recording engineer gave the acoustics a lot of attention and the actual placing of the instruments in the room also defined the final stereo image in the recording.

New to me was the addition of two overhead mics, really high in the room, these were used to add ambience, instead of adding reverb later.

We recorded everything in two days!

User Info Menu

Quoting a great thinker from my past, "yeah, baby!"

Enjoyed this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit
    Quoting a great thinker from my past, "yeah, baby!"

Enjoyed this.
    Thanks rabbit!