Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Here is an original arrangement of the beautiful "Moja Ballada" by Polish jazz pianist Krzysztof Komeda. This piece to my knowledge has never before been done for solo guitar!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

hah, seems we share a love of the same composers!...was just listening to komeda yesterday!

beautiful arrangement and playing as usual!

cheers

User Info Menu

Thanks.
    Great playing.You are the first solo guitarst playing that tune.
    K.Komeda wrote a lot of nice tunes/special for movies/.
    Jazzingly
    Kris
    ps.
    By the way...I/ve got Komeda's sholarship in 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    hah, seems we share a love of the same composers!...was just listening to komeda yesterday!

beautiful arrangement and playing as usual!

cheers
    We do, it seems! Komeda's body of work, though limited by how early and tragically he died, is incredible, as is the lasting impact he left on the Polish jazz scene. I'd love to talk more music with you. Thank you, I appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Thanks.
    Great playing.You are the first solo guitarst playing that tune.
    K.Komeda wrote a lot of nice tunes/special for movies/.
    Jazzingly
    Kris
    ps.
    By the way...I/ve got Komeda's sholarship in 1975.
    Thank you!! That is what I thought, I was not aware of any other solo guitar arrangements of this piece. Komeda is a truly special composer, one of my biggest influences honestly. What is the Komeda scholarship? I'd love to hear more about that but it sounds very prestigious!!

User Info Menu

Great transcription and beautiful playing!
    I first heard of Komeda through Roman Polanski's early films, which he wrote the score for.
    It was amazing that he was a doctor, yet also an influential jazz musician, and a film composer who wrote music for a reported 70 films before he died tragically at the age of 37!

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    Great transcription and beautiful playing!
    I first heard of Komeda through Roman Polanski's early films, which he wrote the score for.
    It was amazing that he was a doctor, yet also an influential jazz musician, and a film composer who wrote music for a reported 70 films before he died tragically at the age of 37!
    Yes, Komeda wrote the music for Knife in the Water, Rosemary’s Baby, and others. He is a huge inspiration to me as I continue with my medical residency and balance careers in music and medicine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bulerias
    We do, it seems! Komeda's body of work, though limited by how early and tragically he died, is incredible, as is the lasting impact he left on the Polish jazz scene. I'd love to talk more music with you. Thank you, I appreciate that!

Thank you!! That is what I thought, I was not aware of any other solo guitar arrangements of this piece. Komeda is a truly special composer, one of my biggest influences honestly. What is the Komeda scholarship? I'd love to hear more about that but it sounds very prestigious!!
    Komeda scholarship was for young jazz musicians /some money plus diplome/.There was jazz competition in Medic Jazz Club in Warsaw in early 70s'.It was two days Jazz Festival "Muzyka Pozostala"/Music Exist/ as a tribut for K.Komeda-competition was an important part of the Festival.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

music is good medicine

He who sings, frightens away his ills - Miguel de Cervantes

much luck with both

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Komeda scholarship was for young jazz musicians /some money plus diplome/.There was jazz competition in Medic Jazz Club in Warsaw in early 70s'.It was two days Jazz Festival "Muzyka Pozostala"/Music Exist/ as a tribut for K.Komeda-competition was an important part of the Festival.
    Best
    Kris
    Kris, that's incredible! What an honor to have received that, I am sure! I appreciate your compliments about this arrangement even more now, it means a lot coming from someone who was part of that community! Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    music is good medicine

He who sings, frightens away his ills - Miguel de Cervantes

much luck with both

cheers
    Absolutely!! For some things it is the best medicine. Thank you!

User Info Menu

Very nice playing, B. You have a unique voice and an innate, personal sense of dynamics.
    Play live . . . Marinero
    Last edited by Marinero; 12-20-2020 at 10:55 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Very nice playing, B. You have a unique voice and an innate, personal sense of dynamics.
    Play live . . . Marinero
    Thank you!! That means a lot!

User Info Menu

Wonderful- I enjoyed listening very much!