Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

I really want to form an Americana group...keep it mostly instrumental, lots of improv, play jazz standards but also pop folk blues r&b soul and country tunes, and basically whatever.

So I've been prepping by using the Acapella app and one man banding it...here's what I've put together so far. Let me know if you enjoy, hate, or have ideas for other tunes...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I really dig it.

The uke bass is so cool. They really have a standup bass type of tone. Who would have thunk it.

Your Garcia influence is coming through.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    I really dig it.

The uke bass is so cool. They really have a standup bass type of tone. Who would have thunk it.

Your Garcia influence is coming through.
    It really is...its never far below the surface, I guess...there's only one player I ever tried to play like...

Re: ukebass-- its really something! The intonation isn't great above the 12th fret, but for this...its perfect.

Re: Landreth bros-- I was expecting maybe something Sonny related, but this was a whole nuther thing...and quite enjoyable. Ill be listening more.

User Info Menu

How about some Curtis Mayfield (People Get Ready), or Staples Singers (I know a Place)?

John

User Info Menu

Sounds great, Jeff! Fingers crossed that next year will be safe enough to bring your project to life!

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing . So many fantastic songs in that catalogue of music. Funny it was a group led by a brit which brought it back to my attention in the 90s, The Notting Hillbillies.

User Info Menu

Are you using brushes right on a table? If so, that's so simple it's genius.

User Info Menu

It sounds like a worthy undertaking to me. BTW, I dig your fine just-the right-notes Tele work. Tasty, and tasteful.

User Info Menu

That's a lovely sound. I'd come and listen.

Derek

User Info Menu

Thank you all! I figured I have a split personality music wise, so why not split myself on screen?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    Are you using brushes right on a table? If so, that's so simple it's genius.
    On a placemat.

I think if I did directly on the table and scratched it up, my next post would be from my new studio apartment

User Info Menu

Are you using just your phone's built-in mic? Sounds pretty dang nice.

User Info Menu

I'd pre-order that album right now if I could!

Post-covid, call the band The Grateful Alive and you're golden.

Dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    I have a split personality music wise
    You're not alone there....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Are you using just your phone's built-in mic? Sounds pretty dang nice.
    Built in mic on iPad...my phone's mic is actually better, but it's a Droid, so it won't run Acapella.

Thanks everybody! (And Grateful Alive, that's hilarious)