User Info Menu

nice guitar arrangement and tones!

a fave guaraldi besides!

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    nice guitar arrangement and tones!

a fave guaraldi besides!

cheers
    Thanks neatomic! It's been a lot of fun doing these recordings and getting to focus in on tones and arrangement! All of my previous jazz recordings have been "live". Due to covid and not being able to get a band together that's not a possibility...but it's been a great opportunity to dig into the nuance of a production based recording while still keeping the spirit of jazz and improvisation as a centerpiece.

User Info Menu

I was wondering how anyone could do an arrangement of that piece with one guitar.
    Nice job, but how are you going to play it live?

Since figuring out an old 60s rock tune that used two guitars (it only took me over 40 years to figure that out), I've realized you can do a lot of interesting things with that instrumentation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    I was wondering how anyone could do an arrangement of that piece with one guitar.

Since figuring out an old 60s rock tune that used two guitars (it only took me over 40 years to figure that out), I've realized you can do a lot of interesting things with that instrumentation.
    Beatles "and you're bird can sing' ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Beatles "and you're bird can sing' ?
    No, a very obscure tune.

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim

I play this song fairly regularly during the holidays with a guitar duo or a trio with two guitars and a bass. The melody is pretty straight forward and easy to harmonize for any group setting. There are also lots of cool arrangement things you could do to play it on one instrument. Considering it's all diatonic you could also have a harmonizer pedal that you use for the head section and it will harmonize all the the tones you play in key.