Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

I did this arrangement 30 years ago for classical guitar, but here I play it on a Ramirez 1A from 1974, strung with Aquila Low A strings - all strings are a 5th below standard tuning - which technically makes it a quint, not baritone, guitar. I hope you like it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

tone-a-rific...such a hauntingly beautiful melody
    Last edited by BFrench; 11-28-2020 at 08:26 AM.

User Info Menu

One of my all-time favorite tunes. Thanks, Rob!

User Info Menu

hey rob...quint tuning is super nice touch....low b really extends low end sonority...great thinking & playing, per usual

only caveat... was getting some distortion/artifacts in the recording via u-tube...

cheers

User Info Menu

Low A, no less

Yes, something went wrong in the recording chain with this one, resulting in the artefacts you mention. It's odd, because I only have one system for recording which I do every time, and the recording I made after this is perfectly fine. Ah well. You can always ask for your money back

User Info Menu

Rob, thanks for the lovely example and the suggestion—just added that Aquila set into my Strings By Mail holiday stocking-cart.

User Info Menu

Hauntingly beautiful. So many directions in which to turn with a guitar. Your touch on nylon-ish stringed instruments is really outstanding. Thanks for this.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.

Robert - I keep one guitar in this tuning, another classical in standard. Some things work better on one than the other, some work well on both. It's fun to play with. Here are a couple more:

Chaconne & La Montfermeil by Robert de Visée - Rob MacKillop Guitar - YouTube

and

Bach: Cello Suite No2 - Guitar in Low A Tuning - Rob MacKillop - YouTube

Michael, glad you like it!

User Info Menu

Nicely played

User Info Menu

Wonderful sonority, arrangement, and performance!

User Info Menu

Great sound and playing...and great arrange.
    Best
    Kris

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    I hope you like it.
    I do!

User Info Menu

Thanks, folks

User Info Menu

This one is quite lovely Rob!

So glad you continue your recovery!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Guido. I've been 12 days free of it now, and feeling better every day!

User Info Menu

That's so good to hear!

User Info Menu

i echo the great news!!! continued healing rob

cheers

User Info Menu

Will do, my friend!