User Info Menu

My tribute to Diego Maradona who passed yesterday.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice!

Diego's a big hero of mine, I was lucky to watch 82' and '86 WC matches with him, and that goal with England in 1/4 finals was something else. The goal of the century they say!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    Nice!

Diego's a big hero of mine, I was lucky to watch 82' and '86 WC matches with him, and that goal with England in 1/4 finals was something else. The goal of the century they say!
    WOW! Really? I watched the ‘86 on TV. I didn’t know who he was. That blew my mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett
    WOW! Really? I watched the ‘86 on TV. I didn’t know who he was. That blew my mind!

I mean I watched on TV too, lol. Those two WC still in my memory. In 82 Maradona was just a rising star but not quite a legend yet, I remember he was sent off in one match, red card. In 86, that's when he became a legend, led the Argies to victory. Thats what Messi failed so far.

At that time my dream was to be a pro football player, more than music actually, thanks to players like him.

User Info Menu

Wow. I’ve never been athletically inclined. But I went to elementary school in England where I was exposed to football (soccer) before most Americans were.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett
    Wow. I’ve never been athletically inclined. But I went to elementary school in England where I was exposed to football (soccer) before most Americans were.

Yea, thats why I quit, I dont have endurance. I was good for the school yard pickup games, but never made the next step.

User Info Menu

Maradona’s ‘Hand of God’ scarred my childhood haha. He was the man, though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    Maradona’s ‘Hand of God’ scarred my childhood haha. He was the man, though.
    I can imagine! LOL. Had I known how universally hated a man he would become I might have called it something else, but watching him speed through on my little color TV in my downtown apartment with a guitar in my hand was too much inspiration.