Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

I posted this on Mark’s thread but I’ll remove it there. I dislike political threads. But the morning he was announced the winner as is always done by the media when the results are clear and indisputable I wrote this song. Funny though It started as a symphonic piece. The octave guitar figure really were woodwinds and the chords were low strings. But it sounded too lugubrious, ominous and foreboding. So I changed it up. That emotion was still stuck to me. The woodwinds represented cautious optimism and excitement.

It’s just a simple smooth jazz song. But for me it’s kind of infectious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very, very nice!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    Very, very nice!
    Thank you Steve!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Very enjoyable!

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to make this happen and for posting the video.

User Info Menu

Yeah man!!

User Info Menu

very nice tune , and great playing Henry
    you sound like Martino on that

Its catchy too !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    very nice tune , and great playing Henry
    you sound like Martino on that

Its catchy too !
    Thank you very much!!

Sounds very fresh changes. Melody and solo not too busy or too simple. Maybe a local TV station or The Weather Channel might buy it for airplay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steve burchfield
    Sounds very fresh changes. Melody and solo not too busy or too simple. Maybe a local TV station or The Weather Channel might buy it for airplay.
    Thank you Steve! I don't think there's much purchasing of music these days!

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett
    Thank you Steve! I don't think there's much purchasing of music these days!
    In California a lot of media is produced some comes from sound libraries. Ad agencies use these sometimes. I once picked out an Indian resteraunt I liked and recorded a 60 sec fake Indian music clip and submitted to resteraunt owner and he said he liked it which led me to local ad agencies and learning about voice overs and purchasing local media time as an independent producer. If you know voice talent pick out local bizzness and produce 30 and 60 sec spots then you can talk to ad agencies or get a deal from say a radio station to offer your client a new jingle that cost you little to make. Pick businesses where the money is but start small. A key thing is know your demographics really well. Let me know what you think about producing jingles?

One of the most outside avant garde classicalcomposers ever was Ives. He got some his ideas by hearing two different marching bands playing different songs at the same time. Did people pay him to write music? No, but he earned about 8 million dollars in the insurance business early 1900s and could afford to have his music performed by being able to rent halls and pay symphony musicians. Charles Ives I think.

User Info Menu

Nice tune man! Love the playing and the entire arrangement. Beautiful stuff Henry!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Nice tune man! Love the playing and the entire arrangement. Beautiful stuff Henry!
    How nive of you to listen and comment! I appreciate it. Thank you.