User Info Menu

Here is my arrangement of the most famous song by Russian bard Alexander Rosenbaum, Vals-Boston. The original piece is lyrical and romantic, an autumnal reflection on nostalgia and the passage of time. I hope I was able to capture these feelings with this performance and video!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Not sure if folks were able to check this out, but I'd love to get some feedback. Thanks, all!

User Info Menu

Hi, B,
    Beautiful playing: clean, rounded tone, excellent technique and wonderful interpretative feel. Any links for the composer/music? Play live . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bulerias
    Not sure if folks were able to check this out, but I'd love to get some feedback. Thanks, all!
    Sorry, I usually try to give feedback in this, my favourite subforum here. Well, that was beautifully played and it seems that you are also a very busy MD (as per post on YT), so kudos to you!

How did you record this, BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero View Post
    Hi, B,
    Beautiful playing: clean, rounded tone, excellent technique and wonderful interpretative feel. Any links for the composer/music? Play live . . . Marinero
    Thank you so much! Yes, here is a link to the original rendition of this piece, which is the one my arrangement is based on:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C View Post
    Sorry, I usually try to give feedback in this, my favourite subforum here. Well, that was beautifully played and it seems that you are also a very busy MD (as per post on YT), so kudos to you!

How did you record this, BTW?
    Thank you so much! I appreciate that... yes, keeping busy with all things residency but it's always been very important to me to make sure I have enough time for music! So far so good.

I recorded, mixed, and mastered the piece in my home studio, then went into the area you see in the video with a Bluetooth speaker and had the recording playing in the distance, just out of sight of the camera... then I "lip-synced" along to the recording! Many takes were shot in different areas of the park, allowing for the use of multiple camera angles as you see in the final video!