User Info Menu

My Tal Farlow through a Polytone.

DB

Edit: Dudes, I remixed yesterday's track but there was too much compression on the guitar. Below the new vid. Pretty much what the Tal sounded like through my Polytone. Also, I added the bass player in the vid.

Last edited by Dutchbopper; 10-18-2020 at 07:56 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

A very tasteful (and tasty) rendition of a personal favorite, on a guitar I personally find breathtaking for its visual and sonic appeal. Well done, DB!

User Info Menu

Dick,
    another fine rendition on your TF. i am on my third one of these models, which
    until recently, were underrated ,but opinions here may have changed that.
    Talking to a dealer today, he said that they are hard to find , and sought after.

Best, Silverfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Dick,
    another fine rendition on your TF. i am on my third one of these models, which
    until recently, were underrated ,but opinions here may have changed that.
    Talking to a dealer today, he said that they are hard to find , and sought after.
    Best, Silverfoxx
    Three Tals? How come? Yes, they are increasingly hard to find because they are no longer in production and I guess people are realising just how good these guitars are and holding on to theirs. Prices for used Tals are going up and up.

I own a 1951 Gibson ES 350 and the Tal is holding up against that bop tone monster quite well. That's how good it is.

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    Three Tals? How come? Yes, they are increasingly hard to find because they are no longer in production and I guess people are realising just how good these guitars are and holding on to theirs. Prices for used Tals are going up and up.

I own a 1951 Gibson ES 350 and the Tal is holding up against that bop tone monster quite well. That's how good it is.

DB
    I am glad that you have drawn that comparison between your TF and 350, it might raise a few eyebrows. My current TF is a Crimson Custom Shop
    model purchased new 2013, i can't remember the reason why I sold my earlier two , around 20 years ago, ( probably needed cash ?) but the present
    one is a keeper for sure , and going nowhere. Its in Viceroy Brown ( ridiculous description) and on a par with my L5CT. I firmly concur with your opinion

Best regards,
    Silverfoxx

User Info Menu

Nice score Dick. I've appreciated very much. I have CD project going on with Mauro Sereno, aka Mr. Sunnybass. He's a damned good bass player.

Cheers.