User Info Menu

Back in the '90s I worked the graveyard shift. Sometimes friends who were up late called because, well, everyone else they knew was asleep.
    One such person called a few times about a "bad boyfriend" she had, or had had since it was over but perhaps not OVER over. He would come around about 2 AM and sometimes she would let him in but other times she would not.
    I wrote this song about that.
    A simple blues, all parts played by me (except the drum machine).
    It's a noisy recording but I like the guitar. Nothing amazing or original but it all seems fitting to me. (My old Yamaha Strat, made in Japan just like the Deep Purple live album.)

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

haha I’ve been one of those late nite ramblers in earlier years, I can relate too well

User Info Menu

Having night-owl friends can be problematic when you have a day job. 10/10 can relate.

User Info Menu

That seemed like a lot of fun to make. I just got through listening to an Eric Clapton's version of "Tore Down," so its a tough act to follow, but I still enjoyed your recording.

Did you improvise the guitar parts way back then or did you kind of work them out in advance, especially your solo?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    That seemed like a lot of fun to make. I just got through listening to an Eric Clapton's version of "Tore Down," so its a tough act to follow, but I still enjoyed your recording.

Did you improvise the guitar parts way back then or did you kind of work them out in advance, especially your solo?
    Thank you!
    This was done on a 4-track, so I probably took a few passes at the solo. It wasn't all worked out in advance but I probably had an idea or two. One thing I like about this one is that I avoided my great temptation: noodling! I tend to get nervous and overplay. ;o)