User Info Menu

Hope you like.

DB

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

you got a good horn man there db...keep it together

cheers

User Info Menu

Mighty fine indeed. Did your horn player have to get his teeth knocked out to get the Chet Baker vibe going?

User Info Menu

Very nice version of one of my favorite tunes.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Mighty fine indeed. Did your horn player have to get his teeth knocked out to get the Chet Baker vibe going?
    Not really. He is a very regular guy. A scientist (chemistry) as a matter of fact. Very good player indeed.

DB

User Info Menu

Well Chet was also an expert in some chemical substances...

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Well Chet was also an expert in some chemical substances...
    That he was. I watched several documentaries about his last days. He liked Amsterdam a lot because of his habit. He spent a lot of time there in his last years. But apart from his musical appearances, his private life was pretty depressing IMHO.

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbopper
    That he was. I watched several documentaries about his last days. He liked Amsterdam a lot because of his habit. He spent a lot of time there in his last years. But apart from his musical appearances, his private life was pretty depressing IMHO.

DB
    It's crazy to hear something like his "Last Great Concert" album...his playing is so strong, tone is so beautiful...and he'd soon be dead. He was hanging on by a thread at that point, and yet, when he played...

I love this project of yours, everything you've posted has sounded great. This music is some of my favorite of all time, and you guys absolutely do it more than a justice.

User Info Menu

Nice DB!

User Info Menu

really enjoy db's trio chet...but not all credit is chet's...the model trio was with doug raney on guitar and nhop on bass!!!...incredible trio...three of the best!

cheers