Hi!
    This video where I try out my new pick. I made it from elk horn and flamed birch. Works fine on gypsy jazz style IMO. Playing gypsy jazz with elk hornPlaying gypsy jazz with elk hornPlaying gypsy jazz with elk hornPlaying gypsy jazz with elk horn

Cheers, Mikko

Lähetetty minun SM-A405FN laitteesta Tapatalkilla

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Manly choice of pick

User Info Menu

nice playing per usual mikko

great looking pick..i have and used horn picks before...same with wood picks..but never saw a combination of the two before...amazing craftsmanship

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    nice playing per usual mikko

great looking pick..i have and used horn picks before...same with wood picks..but never saw a combination of the two before...amazing craftsmanship

cheers
    Thank you! Here the wood is for decorating and grip. Sanded bone is very smooth and it has that bright "cling". Personally I prefer wooden picks for warm touch and hint of natural roughness. But when playing gypsy jazz these bone picks are wonderful.

User Info Menu

so mikko, the birch is inlaid into just one side of the bone pick??..the other side is all bone/horn???

some beauties @

mikkos finnpick.com site

cheers

User Info Menu

You had me going there! Elk horn?

By the way, Mikko's YouTube channel is absolutely worth checking out, IMO.

User Info Menu

i have an elk horn pick! it was sent to me by a forum member years ago...i had to rework it some...but it's a great pick...still have it..a fave

clayton exotics also has some bone and horn picks that i use and like

but none are as beautiful as mikko's work...that's a different level

a mystical rowan wood pick is in my future!! hah

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic
    so mikko, the birch is inlaid into just one side of the bone pick??..the other side is all bone/horn???

some beauties @

mikkos finnpick.com site

cheers
    Yeah, other side is all horn bone and other side has this wood inlay. Fun to play and watch.

I have tried to keep all materials domestic and natural. There are still different horns and bones to try and some woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    You had me going there! Elk horn?

By the way, Mikko's YouTube channel is absolutely worth checking out, IMO.
    Yep, elk horn. Finding best parts and cutting it in length direction you can have veeery hard picks.Playing gypsy jazz with elk horn

Thank you!