Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Once again I shouldn't publish this. The bass player Ben Kopf wants to do it again because I just called it and he hadn't been practicing It was under tempo where we wanted to take it. But he got married yesterday and it'll be a minute till he can practice this again! Congratulations Ben!!!!


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    Ben is a bit of a perfectionist... Ben, sounds real good to me.

    Henry, you've got some real good young musicians playing with you. Passing it on to another generation.

    You are all together in your studio, playing live, right? Sounds great.

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Ben is a bit of a perfectionist... Ben, sounds real good to me.

    Henry, you've got some real good young musicians playing with you. Passing it on to another generation.

    You are all together in your studio, playing live, right? Sounds great.
    Thank you Frank! All live playing. That's why a video is good at keeping you honest. Yeah, I'm proud of these guys. They're young enough to have followed my band and the other guys who played with me as kids. As a matter of fact they all studied with the guys who were in my band. Ben studied with Erik Kleven, Cameron studied with Rick Lotter and Sterling studied with Joe Gilman. Paying it forward!

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett
    Once again I shouldn't publish this. The bass player Ben Kopf wants to do it again because I just called it and he hadn't been practicing It was under tempo where we wanted to take it. But he got married yesterday and it'll be a minute till he can practice this again! Congratulations Ben!!!!


    REALLY digging that drum sound.


    Details?



    Sounds like the room, and the studio build in general really worked out for you. Congrats!!!

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by vintagelove
    REALLY digging that drum sound.


    Details?



    Sounds like the room, and the studio build in general really worked out for you. Congrats!!!
    Thank you! Yes I’m happy with the room and sound. First it starts with Cameron. It’s a great kit. Gretsch Reknown. It was strongly suggested by a great drummer who also has a drum business out of Memphis.

    The mics:

    Overheads a pair of Peluso P-12
    Kick - EV RE20
    Snare top - Sennheiser MD 441
    Snare bottom - EV RE16
    Rack toms - Peluso TR-14 tube ribbons.
    Floor tom - ATM25
    Hats - Royer 121 ribbon.
    Front of kit AEA r84 ribbon.

    They all go into the Metric Halo ULN8


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Hi, Henry,
    Nice feel! And, I enjoyed your playing in the "straight ahead" Jazz mode.
    Play live . . . Marinero

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Hi, Henry,
    Nice feel! And, I enjoyed your playing in the "straight ahead" Jazz mode.
    Play live . . . Marinero
    Thank you so much Marinero!

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Related topic: Good review of the HRQ Jazz Standards Volume One in the last issue of Vintage Guitar (Jeff Beck’s Esquire on the cover).

    quote: “...he demonstrates his flair for creating solid, economical lines, propelled by a powerful, unswerving sense of swing.”

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rhl-ferndale
    Related topic: Good review of the HRQ Jazz Standards Volume One in the last issue of Vintage Guitar (Jeff Beck’s Esquire on the cover).

    quote: “...he demonstrates his flair for creating solid, economical lines, propelled by a powerful, unswerving sense of swing.”
    Wow. Thank you. I didn’t know this. I knew they were going to review it but this is the first I’ve heard of it being out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Nice Henry. All-around great sound and playing.

    Albert

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Well done! Great playing by everyone, good sounds! What's not to like? (Maybe a little less delay on the guitar? )

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Nice Henry. All-around great sound and playing.

    Albert
    Thank you Albert!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Jay
    Well done! Great playing by everyone, good sounds! What's not to like? (Maybe a little less delay on the guitar? )
    Thank you! Lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #14

    User Info Menu

    Nicely done! Love the tone you’re getting.

  16. #15

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by L50EF15
    Nicely done! Love the tone you’re getting.
    Thank you!