User Info Menu

This is a rarely performed song by me. This is because it requires rehearsal. It's in 11/8 with a bar of 10 thrown in. So last Monday we rehearsed it and recorded it. The kids are alright. It's the title track to my 5th CD. The arpeggiated figures I played on guitars, but I think it works as well or better on piano. I'm kind of mainly a writer, or some people think so. The solo is ragged, but it's fully improvised of course. It is what it is. The chord changes are unusual, not only is playing in 11/8 with a section of 10 but some of the chords are weird as is the progression. I dno't know how to practice soloing on it. I jjst know the chords and go.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beauty

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Beauty
    Thank you very much Frank!

User Info Menu

Yea Henry, love it. So is it a 4 bar phrase with 4th bar being the reset... I like the feel. I like that use of floating with organized form. When I use to do scoring back in the late 70's and into early 80's... would always try and sneak odd times in with sub sections within larger common time forms....

anyway the point was to try and create what your composition does or... as it feels to me. Again always dig your tunes, thanks. (yea not a bad player either) LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Reg
    Yea Henry, love it. So is it a 4 bar phrase with 4th bar being the reset... I like the feel. I like that use of floating with organized form. When I use to do scoring back in the late 70's and into early 80's... would always try and sneak odd times in with sub sections within larger common time forms....

That's a way of looking at it! Anyway the point was to try and create what your composition does or... as it feels to me. Again always dig your tunes, thanks. (yea not a bad player either) LOL
    Thanks Reg! I wrote this many years ago. All I remember is I was surprised when I went to write it out. LOL. The good thing about that is it wasn't contrived. It almost started out as a pima exercise. I think I was inspired by Ralph Towner and Oregon. So that odd 5/8 (10/8) bar was a nifty surprise, even to me! LOL.

User Info Menu

My inner Abercrombie says it's great! I've enjoyed it a lot.

Tahnks for sharing.