Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    User Info Menu


  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    Hi, A,
    My statement, in no way, is political in nature. However, on a personal level, this is the most absurd aberration of musical performance I have ever seen. I recently turned down a good paying gig because I couldn't wear a mask and if this will be the status quo in the future, I will abandon live music after 55 years of live performing. This is a sad reality of our times. Play live! . . . Marinero

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    At the risk of going completely off-topic - it is of course superfluous to wear a mask when you're out in the air AND at a distance of several meters to the next person. But hey, who knows.

    The performance really makes me look forward to the forthcoming trio album!

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Marinero, I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to wear a mask and I hope an alternative is available to you soon!

    I recently played tunes with some friends outdoors. I can and did wear a mask because I know I've been in the presence of someone who tested positive. It's been more than two weeks since exposure, but the last thing I need to feel guilty about is passing something on to a friend or their family.

    Good for Bill. For the music and the precaution.

  6. #5

    User Info Menu

    It would sound the same without masks. The tune ain't called "What the World Needs Now is Selfishness."

    Try wearing a mask while listening, and think of the people you might be saving. It makes the music sound even better.

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Neverisky
    Marinero, I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to wear a mask and I hope an alternative is available to you soon!

    I recently played tunes with some friends outdoors. I can and did wear a mask because I know I've been in the presence of someone who tested positive. It's been more than two weeks since exposure, but the last thing I need to feel guilty about is passing something on to a friend or their family.

    Good for Bill. For the music and the precaution.

    Thanks, M!
    Let's hope this madness ends soon! Playing live???? . . . Marinero

  8. #7

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    It would sound the same without masks. The tune ain't called "What the World Needs Now is Selfishness."

    Try wearing a mask while listening, and think of the people you might be saving. It makes the music sound even better.
    This certainly would work, Flat, if you could neatly put all people in the same buttonhole. Six million years of human evolution proves we're not all the same. Selfishness? How about 1984? George Orwell writes:"If you want a picture of the future . . . imagine a boot stomping on a human face." And,"“Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.” Selfishness or eradication of the individual? I wear a mask when I need to wear one when shopping. I will never wear a mask and perform. This, for me, is patently ludicrous. Play live???? . . . Marinero

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    At least it‘s a good thing that there are live gigs again!


    Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

  10. #9

    User Info Menu

    Good luck to you, Marinero. My kid sister died in March from Covid. It was fkn brutal to watch. I wish the people around her had cared just a little more for others and a little less about their own twiddling little personal joys.

    Be well. I hope this pandemic doesn't affect anyone you love.

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Bill is the King Of Kool !

  12. #11

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Flat
    Good luck to you, Marinero. My kid sister died in March from Covid. It was fkn brutal to watch. I wish the people around her had cared just a little more for others and a little less about their own twiddling little personal joys.

    Be well. I hope this pandemic doesn't affect anyone you love.
    Hi, F,
    I'm going to take your response in positive light. And, my deepest sympathies to you for your loss. We all know this is not just the flu and that precaution is needed. As I mentioned before, I do use a mask when in public. However, I just can't do gigs when wearing one. It's a comfort and breathing issue. Perhaps, this virus will change how we interact with each other forever. I hope that's not the case. Play live! . . . Marinero

  13. #12

    User Info Menu

    Personally I believe that all this is an historical blip. When the Spanish Flu swept around the globe in 1918/19, everyone seemed to be wearing a mask as we can see from pictures of the time. Then came the Roaring Twenties and people were partying like it was 1999. I've seen lots of pictures of the bright young things drinking and dancing up a storm, with not a single mask in sight. The pandemic had run its course... and this one will as well.

    Bill Frisell Trio - What The World Needs Now-20s-dance-party-jpg

  14. #13

    User Info Menu

    That blip killed more people than the war in under two years. Some countries seem to be on the same road, speeding up the pandemic so the survivors can party again.


    Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk