Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

Here is an arrangement of the Tom Waits song Drunk on The Moon played on my recently acquired Elferink Custom Tonemaster.
    I’d call myself a beginner amongst the crowd in this forum definitely but enjoy taking non standard songs I love and trying to add my style to them.
    thanks for giving it a listen

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice, clean, natural style, Ian. I liked the changes to the song. Good playing . . . Marinero

User Info Menu

Terrific, both guitar and vocal. You convey a Waits-like sensibility but with a style of your own. Nice touch with the set and filming, too -- adds to the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinero
    Nice, clean, natural style, Ian. I liked the changes to the song. Good playing . . . Marinero
    Thanks for comments Marinero much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RayBan
    Terrific, both guitar and vocal. You convey a Waits-like sensibility but with a style of your own. Nice touch with the set and filming, too -- adds to the effect.
    Thanks Rayban ‘much appreciated

User Info Menu

This was really nice. I do not know original, so can not compare, but if it is half this good ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    This was really nice. I do not know original, so can not compare, but if it is half this good ...
    Thanks, it’s piano based arrangement with mid tempo swing on original, just tried an arrangement for guitar and love singing it.

User Info Menu

That's very good. I am a Waits fan and it´s nice to see others cover his songs well without resorting to his mannerisms. Actually I should listen more to this early period of his.

User Info Menu

EXCELLENT playing and vocals!

Congratulations!

Very impressive clarity of recording and interesting, well chosen approach to the filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezebox
    That's very good. I am a Waits fan and it´s nice to see others cover his songs well without resorting to his mannerisms. Actually I should listen more to this early period of his.
    I agree and don’t understand why some people resort to badly imitating his vocal when the songs themselves stand up alone.
    I regularly dip in and out of all his periods and always am left amazed at the longevity of his talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco
    EXCELLENT playing and vocals!

Congratulations!

Very impressive clarity of recording and interesting, well chosen approach to the filming.
    Thanks Greco