User Info Menu

Here's an abstract concept we tried to capture - the sounds of a bird's wings. We experimented with different mallet/brush combinations on the vibraphone until we settled on this one. You'll hear the flap of the brush as it comes to a stop on the top of the mallet, while the soft mallet head provides a bit of thump and warmth to the actual notes. The guitar tone is reliant on a multi delay setting on the Empress Echosystem - to simulate a quick flutter, a burst of wings as a small bird would skip from branch to branch. You'll hear the texture of it pop out every now and then when I strike a note hard. When I swell into a chord, it disappears into the overall texture.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Fans of late 50s Arthur Lyman?

User Info Menu

really nice...spatial...fly on!

are you familiar with the gnostic trio?...Bill Frisell, guitar; Carol Emanuel, harp; Kenny Wollesen, vibes. Composer: John Zorn

cheers

User Info Menu

Very nice, McJazzer. I have birds outside my window, little chaffinches, who were jamming along with you. A wonderful moment.

User Info Menu

Thank you all! I wasn't sure if this would quite fit on jazzguitar.be but it was heavily improvisational so I gave it a shot. I'm glad I posted! Thank you for the recommendations Pauln and neatomic. I'll leave one of my own favorite pieces of music here as repayment!

User Info Menu

Very beautiful!