Now it’s been a while since my last solo video, this is a take on the standard Have You Met Miss Jones by Rodgers and Hart. If there’s something good to come out of the quarantine it’s that I’ve had way more time than usual playing solo.. Always fun and always a challenge!

I’m also trying out a new (old-style) pickup on my Elferink, I recently installed a Rhythm Chief 1100 reissue by Guild, let me know what you think? Another big change to my setup is going from 13’s to 11’s, on this particular guitar I was never fully comfortable with 13’s, how does it sound to you guys?

All the best

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great tone and great playing. Which Fender amp is that that you appear to be playing through? Settings? Sounds great. Really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob P.
    Great tone and great playing. Which Fender amp is that that you appear to be playing through? Settings? Sounds great. Really enjoyed it.
    First of all thanks a lot, I'm glad you digged that!

The amp is a Fender '68 Custom Princeton Reverb (a reissue), I'm recording with a Zoom H5, using the stereo pair mics that is attached to the unit as a room mic, and connecting to it an Audix i5 for the amp, I have it dead center about 10 cm from cone (sometimes it's possible to see it in the video). The guitar is an Elferink Excalibur (18 inch) with a newly installed Rhythm Chief 1100 (the reissue by Guild), with a set 11's by Thomastik-Infeld. The guitar goes straight into the amp without any pedals. The EQ of the amp is set at; treble 3, bass 0, with some of the reverb of the amp. As DAW I'm using Logic, adjusting the EQ a bit and adding a touch of reverb and compression.

As for the video I'm using a Panasonic LX100, recording in 4K to be able to adjust the shot, and get different crops of the video. It's all shot in one shot, and it's all live, I'm just cropping in and scaling the video, and adding some movement. For the camera settings it's at; ISO 200 (base ISO) | Aperture 1.7 | 25 fps with the shutter speed at 50. I'm using adobe premiere for the editing.

I kind of went in depth there, I hope it wasn’t to much

Cheers and all the best!