Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Made a quick and dirty vid to demonstrate how jazzy my telecaster can sound (well, to me at least) by playing an improvised Stella By Starlight:

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Nice playing and nice tone! What more can I say?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonbowman
    Nice playing and nice tone! What more can I say?
    Say no more! ;-)

Thanks, appreciated!

User Info Menu

Luscious! Lovely tune, tone, and touch.

User Info Menu

Isn't that a Gibson?

PS: Nice playing here but I admit I'm confused about what type of guitar that is. The head-stock doesn't appear to 'match' the body.

Of well, it still sounds great!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jameslovestal
    Isn't that a Gibson?
    Nope. All cheap Chinese parts, including body and 'Les Paul' neck (24.75"). I wrote about it some time ago in the Telecaster-topic.

And thanks, appreciated!
    Last edited by Little Jay; 04-24-2020 at 02:42 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Luscious! Lovely tune, tone, and touch.
    Thanks K, appreciated as always!

User Info Menu

Thanks...beautiful tone and playing.

I can't "Say no more! ;-)"

User Info Menu

At least you went to the trouble of changing out of your pajamas for the video. Nice playing, and the franken-caster sounds very good. I think a shorter scale helps with a mellower sound.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    At least you went to the trouble of changing out of your pajamas for the video. Nice playing, and the franken-caster sounds very good. I think a shorter scale helps with a mellower sound.
    :-D Thanks! Next time I'll try to shave as well! Yes, I have the feeling the shorter scale mellows the sound! Mahogany (-ish) neck also helps I think.

User Info Menu

Stella should never ever be played on a Telecaster, this is unspeakable Heresy, how ever Young Jay is pardoned , sounds really great,
    I want to trash my Elite, i want that guitar NOW

Jokes aside good stuff Jay. sign post us to your post will you

My Telecaster will that Orig N neck pup sounds crap, well not that bad but not what i want.

User Info Menu

Thanks Durban! If you want one: order all the parts from AliExpress and put it together! If I can, you can too!

Most expensive part was the Lollar P90. Actually the Lollar is 50% of the material costs.... I had it laying around, a left over from another project.

User Info Menu

Your guitar sounds great and really nice playing!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Justblues
    Your guitar sounds great and really nice playing!
    Thank you!

User Info Menu

This cheap tele is proof to me that the pickup used dictates a large part of how the guitar wil sound.

I was surprised to find that the scale length also plays a larger role than I thought.

Strangely enough this guitar does have a certain ‘hollowness’ or archtop-vibe to it. I can hardly imagine it’s the thinline design, since the chambers are small and the top can hardly vibrate. Moreover, the top is some cardboard-like MDF with a thin mahogany veneer covering it. Hardly classifies as a resonant top! Maybe the rather dead top dampens sustain and let’s the tone die out in a similar way as happens in a (laminated) archtop?

User Info Menu

Nicely done, and I applaud your restraint for not calling it "Stelly by Starlight".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by unknownguitarplayer
    Nicely done, and I applaud your restraint for not calling it "Stelly by Starlight".
    :-D

Thanks!