User Info Menu

Not sure if I posted this before. It's from Melody Messenger (available for purchase). 2 tracks.

Shelter has a lyric, and is starting to be discovered and recorded by singers (one entered it in a songwriting contest). If anyone wants to see it I'll post it.

Meanwhile, here's the instrumental version: (lead sheet also attached)

Attached Images Attached Images

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very nice tune, Joel. Thanks for posting.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    Very nice tune, Joel. Thanks for posting.

John
    Thanks. It seems to be my best-liked (including by the band), though I don't think it's my best. I guess it's the simplicity...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    Thanks. It seems to be my best-liked (including by the band), though I don't think it's my best. I guess it's the simplicity...
    I try to listen to as many things people post as I can, but don't always remember to click "like" or say something. So it's likely that I like your other tunes, and unlikely that I didn't like others as much. Like, does that make sense?

Cheers,
    John

I wouldn't put my name on anything I didn't believe in. Even if I were writing jingles or other commercial assignments it would have to be quality. Things come out in different ways. For this one I wanted a melody that would support my lyric, while being strong enough to stand on its own. It needed to be direct and simple.

I'm glad when something I've written reaches people. That's what it's about---and I'll take it where and how I can get it.

Thanks, John...

User Info Menu

Very nice Joel.

Appropriate title and lyrics for these times.

I'd love to hear a vocal version if it's not to much trouble to post the one with the vocals you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by fep
    Very nice Joel.

Appropriate title and lyrics for these times.

I'd love to hear a vocal version if it's not to much trouble to post the one with the vocals you mentioned.
    Here's C's demo.

No names b/c I don't love this version---what she didn't do with the melody and an incorrect lyric. But she's a sweetheart, paid me, recorded it commercially and now entered it in a contest.

(It's only b/c her CD is the 1st commercial vocal release that I'm bugged. It's a headache to have to explain to other possibly interested singers how it really goes)...

User Info Menu

I can see why she liked this song and was inspired to record it.

Bravo.

She entered it in a songwriting contest in Nashville.

Guess who fell over himself getting it (and a bunch of others in a 'suite') copyrighted at the LOC? Can't screw around when you're stuff is out there...