User Info Menu

On the 1947 Gibson ES 300. Ran it through a tube pre amp only. The rhythm track is the 300 too.

On bass Mr. Sunnybass.

DB

Last edited by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog; 12-07-2019 at 08:12 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Lovely!

User Info Menu

I want to play like you when I grow up.

Now I want an ES300. Easier than practicing.

User Info Menu

In the US, when you praise a guy too much, it can make him uncomfortable and maybe even think you are up to no good. So, I am going to just stick with the like button after this one last praise (for a while). Loved the uptempo lines over the slow bass beat, as well as your attention to detail with your tone and in the presentation (you and the Bass player).

I don't know if older age is getting the best of me or what, but these somber songs are really speaking to my soul, these days.

Like I said, since you are kind enough to share your playing so freely, I won't overdo the praise each time you post.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    I want to play like you when I grow up. Now I want an ES300. Easier than practicing.
    LOL. Take it easy Lawson. You are well provided for in the guitar department. Still, an ES 300 is always a good idea!

DB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan
    In the US, when you praise a guy too much, it can make him uncomfortable and maybe even think you are up to no good. So, I am going to just stick with the like button after this one last praise (for a while). Loved the uptempo lines over the slow bass beat, as well as your attention to detail with your tone and in the presentation (you and the Bass player).

I don't know if older age is getting the best of me or what, but these somber songs are really speaking to my soul, these days.

Like I said, since you are kind enough to share your playing so freely, I won't overdo the praise each time you post.

Thanks.
    No thank YOU for listening. What's the point of making music if you are not heard. If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it even make a sound? I do appreciate people to take the time to like or comment on my clips though. I am my own worst critic so I do not necessarily need feedback but it's always nice if someone likes what you do.

I increasingly like lyricism and melancholy myself as I get older. Chet is my current hero therefore.

DB

User Info Menu

Man you + P90 equipped Gibson is pretty much everything I dig about jazz guitar. Really enjoyed this.

User Info Menu

Very nice. I've always loved this song

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Man you + P90 equipped Gibson is pretty much everything I dig about jazz guitar. Really enjoyed this.
    Thanks so much Jeff. Yes, the P90 sound is hard to beat indeed.

DB
    Last edited by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog; 12-08-2019 at 06:09 PM.