User Info Menu

#3 of the quarterly jazz/blues meetings in town matching musicians from different styles to play together. No rehearsal before just proper preparation on everybody's side. Music starts at 1:45. My tuning went out of whack at the end of my solo (@5:40) so apologies for being a bit out of tune there. Had a lot of fun with some great musicians: Hope you enjoy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cold Duck Time was on the play list for a band I was in a few years ago. It’s a nice change of pace from most jazz standards to not have to worry about chasing the changes and just focus in on groove and playing with phrasing and rhythms when soloing.

User Info Menu

Nice phrasing!
    Best regards, k

User Info Menu

Thanks for the kind words!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

Great band! What a riot you must have playing with those guys!

As @citizenk74 typed, nice phrasing. Add to that, nice tone too!

"CDT" is one of my favorite tunes. If you haven't heard it before, check-out Jeff Golub's (R.I.P.) arrangement.

Midnight Blues

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues View Post
    Great band! What a riot you must have playing with those guys!

As @citizenk74 typed, nice phrasing. Add to that, nice tone too!

"CDT" is one of my favorite tunes. If you haven't heard it before, check-out Jeff Golub's (R.I.P.) arrangement.

Thanks for the kind words - yes, it was great to be playing with those guys and I'm looking forward to be doing it again in November.

Thanks for the tip on Jeff Golub - will check it out!