User Info Menu

Here's my chord-melody take on Body and Soul. If you are inclined, I would enjoy getting some feedback about both the performance as well as the sound of the guitar. It's a Godin Multiac Jazz with a Lollar mini humbucking pickup I installed a few months back.

Also, if you like what you hear, please consider subscribing to my channel and clicking the notification button. I am the world’s worst self promoter, but I am trying to get my channel off the ground- your support is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Code:
     <iframe width="962" height="541" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_LICXEn4fUs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GO'C View Post
    Here's my chord-melody take on Body and Soul. If you are inclined, I would enjoy getting some feedback about both the performance as well as the sound of the guitar. It's a Godin Multiac Jazz with a Lollar mini humbucking pickup I installed a few months back.

Also, if you like what you hear, please consider subscribing to my channel and clicking the notification button. I am the world’s worst self promoter, but I am trying to get my channel off the ground- your support is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Code:
     <iframe width="962" height="541" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_LICXEn4fUs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t think you’ll get much response if people can only see that code stuff (like I did), not sure what you did there. (edit: I think you used the YouTube ‘embed’ option instead of ‘share’.) Anyway I copied out the YouTube url from the code, here it is.

Last edited by grahambop; 08-08-2019 at 04:15 PM.

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful chord melody solo of Body and Soul - one of my favorite songs!

I hope you're playing your arrangements out at restaurants.

People need to hear these!

Regards,
    Steven Herron

User Info Menu

Very, very nice. Thank you!

User Info Menu

That’s beautiful! I’ve subscribed and will listen to more.

Since you asked for comments on performance I’ll make an observation (not criticism) that a more independent bass would be nice. On the other hand, it might be difficult to make that happen without sacrificing some of the wonderful middle voices and the singing melody line. The constraints of guitar can be maddening!

But that’s the kind of playing I wish I could find at wine bars in my part of town. If I could, I’d get out more. Body and Soul (chord-melody) Any thought sto share on how you approach arranging for solo guitar?