Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

This Tuesday I had the great pleasure to record some solo guitar at Cadenza Studio, Barcelona. We wanted to try out a simple set up, a pair of warm sounding ribbon mics in front of both the guitar and amp, here is the result! I would be really grateful to hear what you guys have to say about it?

All the best
    //Emanuel

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Beautiful solo guitar rendition of The Days Of Wine And Roses - one of my favorite songs!

Your recording sounds great with lots of sustain and clarity.

Thanks for posting your video for us!

Regards,
    Steven Herron

User Info Menu

Hej!

Som vanligt så låter det mycket bra! Jag är övertygad om att kommande platta kommer låta toppen. Jag ser mycket fram emot att höra fler inspelningar.

Keep on with the good work!
    Have I found it yet? I said that but I didn’t knew it. Did I knew that I had found it yet? No, it wasn’t what I was looking for. Nevermind. Ok.

-Pataphysical monologue based on Cartesian theory

User Info Menu

superb...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Very musical and tasteful. Bravo!

User Info Menu

Wonderful playing and tone! The recording was amazing, with just enough natural sounding reverb.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Herron View Post
    Beautiful solo guitar rendition of The Days Of Wine And Roses - one of my favorite songs!

Your recording sounds great with lots of sustain and clarity.

Thanks for posting your video for us!

Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Thanks you so much Steven, I'm glad to hear that! Those ribbon mics are just great, and a great way to capture the warmth of that guitar and amp!
    All the best//Emanuel

Quote Originally Posted by Bbmaj7#5#9 View Post
    Hej!

Som vanligt så låter det mycket bra! Jag är övertygad om att kommande platta kommer låta toppen. Jag ser mycket fram emot att höra fler inspelningar.

Keep on with the good work!
    Tack, riktigt kul att höra!!

Ja, som jag sagt tidigare vore det ju riktigt kul att kunna spela in en platta, vi får se när det blir möjligt! Mer på gång, detta är låt 1 av 5 bara från den här sessionen, sen är det annat material på g med, så håll utkik Kommer förmodligen som vanligt att dela det här med.

Ta hand om dig och tack igen!

Thank you guys, for all those encouraging messages! It's always nice to get feedback on what you're doing and when it's good even nicer!

Again - thanks a lot!

User Info Menu

Very nice and on an Elferink. Is yours the Excalibur and an 17 or 18 inch guitar?
    specializing in repair and setup, does your guitar play like it should?

User Info Menu

Molt ben tocat!

User Info Menu

A totally enjoyable performance, as usual! The ribbon mics add a wonderful warmth and clarity to the recording, and enhanced the overall presentation. The video quality is also excellent. More please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful tone and as for your playing, ditto to my post from your arrangement of “Waltz for Debby”.
    Midnight Blues

User Info Menu

Very nice version and wonderful sound.
    My CD "Bare Handed" is available as a download at Bandcamp.com
    http://jimsoloway.bandcamp.com/album/bare-handed

User Info Menu

Loved it. A great tone very well recorded and mixed and a great playing too, of course.

Thanks again to everyone of you for all those nice messages, I'm really glad to hear from all of you. Over the passed two months I've been without a steady internet connection since I've been working on a musical project that was kind of, off grid, for that reason I've been slow to respond to all the messages. Now I'm back in Barcelona, and back in business, I released the last video in this series of 5 yesterday - if you guys are interested I'll link it here I'm probably also making another post in the forum too tho. All the best and thanks again!!