Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

In the gear forum I posted a thread on the 125. Here's a recording I did with mine yesterday. The sound is honest. Only a valve preamp and a little reverb. I am playing the head way up the neck. The absence of a cutaway is usually no problem at all.

DB
    Last edited by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog; 07-08-2019 at 07:04 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Mmmmm .... Missed a note or two with the pick in the impro. I hate when that happens. But I think I nailed the head finally. The lick at 0.24 is almost impossible to execute.

DB

User Info Menu

Reading the notes...great job.. My way too..so much great material out there...leaves all that pretentious improvising (in my case anyway) behind..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog View Post
    Mmmmm .... Missed a note or two with the pick in the impro. I hate when that happens. But I think I nailed the head finally. The lick at 0.24 is almost impossible to execute.

DB
    Ha! Ha!

I thought for a minute you were pulling a fast one on us again by recording the song and then speeding up the recording! That head looked like a lot of very fast string skipping was involved. String-skipping like that at that speed is an art in an of itself.

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
    Ha! Ha!
    I thought for a minute you were pulling a fast one on us again by recording the song and then speeding up the recording!
    I've had simillar impression. Playing is just amazing! Cool guitar sound as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slusar View Post
    I've had simillar impression. Playing is just amazing! Cool guitar sound as well.
    Thanks. No the vid is in real time. But I know where this is coming from . I once did a joke here and it went like this:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DB's Jazz Guitar Blog View Post
    Thanks. No the vid is in real time. But I know where this is coming from . I once did a joke here and it went like this:
    Haha. That's a good one. Another beautifull guitar btw.

User Info Menu

the head does look sped up lol! Of course it's not, but it just has that look for some reason. The Donna Lee is hilarious-- I wish I could play that fast for real!
    White belt
    My Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by joe2758 View Post
    the head does look sped up lol! Of course it's not, but it just has that look for some reason. The Donna Lee is hilarious-- I wish I could play that fast for real!
    Many of my vids suffer from synchronicity issues. You see weird jerky movements. Video software editing requires lots of memory and therefore a fast processor and I sometimes think my laptop is too slow, even with a core i5. I have to restart my laptop sometimes in between editing the rough footage on my camera.

By the way, in terms of sheer speed the Clifford Brown solo I posted is WAY harder than this Bird head. I'm talking about the dreaded double bars 17-23. I posted that vid here in the transcribing forum but it was larley ignored. These bars are the hardest I have ever played though.

DB

User Info Menu

Great playing there DB

Also the 125 sound perfect !
    What valve pre and reverb are you using there ?
    sound really natural goodness

Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    Great playing there DB Also the 125 sound perfect ! What valve pre and reverb are you using there ? sound really natural goodness
    Thanks. I record the audio for my vids in Cakewalk (Sonar X2 producer) and the reverb I added is in the recording software so it's a virtual reverb.
    The preamp is an Art Tube MP Studio V3. Just click the link. That's all I used so it should be natural yes.

DB