A few clips from some recent gigs i did with my elferink archtop using the small zt lunchbox amp. I'm a big fan of this midget amp, and use it a lot with various guitars, usually miked. But on these two gigs where the videos are from it was just the amp, no pa.

First gig was in a small medieval church, which is now used for weekly music events during the summer months. Church, so a sea of reverb . On the second gig with keys and violin, i used a boss eq just for a small solo boost, and a hardwire reverb. Normally the lunchbox doesn't sound that bright, but the elferink is a bright sounding guitar, and i recently started yet another pick choice trip, so my current pointy pick adds a bit of brightness too..

Some more tunes from these gigs here:
    Vlatos Jazz June 2019 - YouTube
    Live @ Jokal's 2019 - YouTube

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

You sound great. Is your Elferink a 17"; floating or built-in?

Albert

Thank you. It's pretty much a standard left-handed Tonemaster model I think. 16' with a single floating handwound Ken Armstrong pickup.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter View Post
    A few clips from some recent gigs i did with my elferink archtop using the small zt lunchbox amp. I'm a big fan of this midget amp, and use it a lot with various guitars, usually miked. But on these two gigs where the videos are from it was just the amp, no pa.

First gig was in a small medieval church, which is now used for weekly music events during the summer months. Church, so a sea of reverb . On the second gig with keys and violin, i used a boss eq just for a small solo boost, and a hardwire reverb. Normally the lunchbox doesn't sound that bright, but the elferink is a bright sounding guitar, and i recently started yet another pick choice trip, so my current pointy pick adds a bit of brightness too..

Some more tunes from these gigs here:
    Vlatos Jazz June 2019 - YouTube
    Live @ Jokal's 2019 - YouTube
    Wow. Just wow! I just listened to "You don't know what love is." I've got chills, man. That was incredible! Love your playing!

Thank you very much! If you like that type of playing, check out Pat Martino's We LL be together again album, case you're not familiar with it. It's a duet with Gil Goldstein on keys, my favorite Martino album along with El Hombre!

User Info Menu

Just listened to "We'll be together again" per your recommendation. Absolutely, loved it.

Thanks,

Chris