User Info Menu

My solo CD project Melody Messenger has been greatly improved with a lot of love and hard work by myself and recorder/producer Bobby Lenti.

Liner notes by Gene Bertoncini, Peter Bernstein, James Chirillo are still part of the package.
    It is available for purchase with a PM for info---and for those who already bought it here's a sweet deal: I think what I have now is so much better I'll send it again for only the price of postage!

... Here's the final tune list
    1. Once Upon a Time (Strouse-Adams)
    2. My Babe (Dixon)
    3 Last Night When We Were Young (Arlen-Harburg)
    4. Shelter (Joel Fass--lyric included)
    5.Lookin' For Another Pure Love (Wonder-Wright)
    6.Two For the Road (For Nancy Lamott)
    7.Anyone Can Whistle (Sondheim)
    8. Because (Lennon-McCartney)
    9. Baby, Won't You Please Come Home (Warfield-Williams)
    10. Here's That Rainy Day (Van Heusen-Burke)
    11. The 'D' Medley (Down Here on the Ground/Summer Wishes Winter Dreams---For Abbey Lincoln)) (Shcifrin, Garnett/Mandel-Bergmans)
    12. Medley: Love Letters/There's a Lull in my Life---For Chris Anderson (Young, Revel)
    13. When in Rome (Coleman-Leigh)
    14. Song For the Asking (Simon)

Thanks Bobby for the great work and patience with my recording, um, 'ways'; and thanks again to Gene, Pete and James for your warm words and helping me out.

A 2nd CD: Joel Fass and Friends (Sheryl Bailey, Ray Macchiorola) Play for Eddie Diehl is also ready for purchase. Duets with two very fine players who were creative and swinging from the first to last note, and 2 solo pieces by myself (One, Reflections in D--Ellington---is a personal tribute to Eddie, who loved and played Duke as much as possible)
    Liner notes by Freddie Bryant and Kevin McNeal, a rememberence of times with Eddie I call 'Reminiscing in Tempo', and a partial Eddie Diehl discography. I think we cooked pretty good on this date---how can you miss with Ray and Sheryl?
    Same deal: inbox me if interested
    Last edited by joelf; 06-01-2019 at 12:23 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

We wrapped yesterday! Sans There's a Lull in My Life---just couldn't bring it off. But the CD ends fittingly with my Chris Anderson tribute: a rubato take on Love Letters. I'm a major Chris acolyte and we were friends. A nice note to end on.

So STEP RIGHT UP! (One request for both already in).

Thank you all for your support...

Thanks for moving it.

I'll post similar items here from now on...