Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

My solo CD project Melody Messenger has been greatly improved with a lot of love and hard work by myself and recorder/producer Bobby Lenti.

Liner notes by Gene Bertoncini, Peter Bernstein, James Chirillo are still part of the package.
    It is available for purchase with a PM for info---and for those who already bought it here's a sweet deal: I think what I have now is so much better I'll send it again for only the price of postage!

... Here's the final tune list
    1. Once Upon a Time (Strouse-Adams)
    2. My Babe (Dixon)
    3 Last Night When We Were Young (Arlen-Harburg)
    4. Shelter (Joel Fass--lyric included)
    5.Lookin' For Another Pure Love (Wonder-Wright)
    6.Two For the Road (For Nancy Lamott)
    7.Anyone Can Whistle (Sondheim)
    8. Because (Lennon-McCartney)
    9. Baby, Won't You Please Come Home (Warfield-Williams)
    10. Here's That Rainy Day (Van Heusen-Burke)
    11. The 'D' Medley (Down Here on the Ground/Summer Wishes Winter Dreams---For Abbey Lincoln)) (Shcifrin, Garnett/Mandel-Bergmans)
    12. Medley: Love Letters/There's a Lull in my Life---For Chris Anderson (Young, Revel)
    13. When in Rome (Coleman-Leigh)
    14. Song For the Asking (Simon)

Thanks Bobby for the great work and patience with my recording, um, 'ways'; and thanks again to Gene, Pete and James for your warm words and helping me out.

A 2nd CD: Joel Fass and Friends (Sheryl Bailey, Ray Macchiorola) Jam for Eddie Diehl is also ready for purchase. Duets with two very fine players who were creative and swinging from the first to last note, and 2 solo pieces by myself (One, Reflections in D--Ellington---is a personal tribute to Eddie, who loved and played Duke as much as possible)
    Liner notes by Freddie Bryant and Kevin McNeal, a rememberence of times with Eddie I call 'Reminiscing in Tempo', and a partial Eddie Diehl discography. I think we cooked pretty good on this date---how can you miss with Ray and Sheryl?
    Same deal: inbox me if interested
    Last edited by joelf; 09-30-2019 at 11:46 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

We wrapped yesterday! Sans There's a Lull in My Life---just couldn't bring it off. But the CD ends fittingly with my Chris Anderson tribute: a rubato take on Love Letters. I'm a major Chris acolyte and we were friends. A nice note to end on.

So STEP RIGHT UP! (One request for both already in).

Thank you all for your support...

Thanks for moving it.

I'll post similar items here from now on...

Can someone here please advise as to a reasonably-priced disc duping company w/o a minimum order for: cardboard casing w/a 4-page insert. DiskMakers wants over $400 for a minimum order of 100. That quote is out of the question. Landshark, similar deal. I DON'T want jewel cases---cheaper but SO over, bulky and more expensive to mail.

I've been hearing about digi-paks and econo-paks. Don't know much about those, but if they look professional that would be OK. I'm sending my stuff out for radio airplay and review. I need something bar-coded that looks like a pro, not half-assed job. I DO prefer cardboard.

Looks count!

Thank you for your answers in advance, Joel...

Anybody?

User Info Menu

I configured 100 CD order at Disc Makers for under $200.
    Last edited by cosmic gumbo; 10-01-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic gumbo View Post
    I configured 100 CD order at DiskMakers for under $200.
    Cardboard or jewel cases?

User Info Menu

4 panel cardboard eco-wallets

4 panel cardboard eco-wallets
    Really? So I can put my 4 pages of printed copy and one photo on the 4 panels? Do you mean 4 INSIDE panels, or are two of them the front and back covers? I HAVE to have those 4 pages---that's the problem, and what's jacking the price up. DiskMakers just told me about a 3 1/2 week delivery service that would bring the damage down to around $359---almost $100 cheaper. A good thing for sure---but it would be a blessing if I could get those 4 pages on the 4 panels (if I didn't misunderstand you) for $200.

Please clarify and advise---and thanks!

User Info Menu

Four panel surfaces for use- front, back, and two inside surfaces. Yes, it seems a custom printed 4 page insert will make it twice as expensive, set up costs are not in favor of small production runs.

Four panel surfaces for use- front, back, and two inside surfaces. Yes, it seems a custom printed 4 page insert will make it twice as expensive, set up costs are not in favor of small production runs.
    I'm hip. So it's $359/100 or the highway---sigh.

But that's the way I want it done so I ain't gonna whine.

Thanks for the into, though...

Gents (and ladies, I hope):I decided on eco-wallets with 4 panels using the company Easy Disk. Unless they're too good to be true (which very well might be the case---still proceeding with caution) the price is almost half of DiskMakers for the exact product.Am I saying DiskMakers are a rip-off? They do seem to have lots of satisfied customers.Well-----maybe...LOL...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf View Post
    Gents (and ladies, I hope):I decided on eco-wallets with 4 panels using the company Easy Disk. Unless they're too good to be true (which very well might be the case---still proceeding with caution) the price is almost half of DiskMakers for the exact product.Am I saying DiskMakers are a rip-off? They do seem to have lots of satisfied customers.Well-----maybe...LOL...
    Joel, is this Easy Disc out of Baldwin Park, CA? You may want to check out these Yelp reviews before you commit: Easy Disc - 18 Photos & 123 Reviews - Duplication Services - 14120 Live Oak Ave, Baldwin Park, CA - Phone Number - Yelp
    "Without the blues, there is no jazz." -- Frank Vignola

Quote Originally Posted by bonnerj View Post
    Joel, is this Easy Disc out of Baldwin Park, CA? You may want to check out these Yelp reviews before you commit: Easy Disc - 18 Photos & 123 Reviews - Duplication Services - 14120 Live Oak Ave, Baldwin Park, CA - Phone Number - Yelp
    Uh oh.OK, thanks. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by joelf View Post
    Uh oh.OK, thanks. I will...
    Ohhhhh BOY!! I kinda figured something was amiss, them being that lowball---but those 1 star reviews, one after the next! Heavens to mergatroid!!This reminds me of when I needed a place to move quickly in Philly and I saw an ad for 'Oxford Houses'. Studios as low as $400, no utilities---yada yada. I did look on Yelp. To wit, in reviews: Holes in walls, rats, nonexistent maintenance. Of course I passed and eventually found an incredible deal for what I'm sure will be my permanent digs.You DO get what you pay for--and there are millions of hustlers out there preying on the impoverished asses of 'brokesters' like myself. Like any of us, really, if we're dumb or desperate enough to fall into the their waiting arms as they snicker---again. I confess I almost went for it, being so poor---but I DID have doubts----and I owe you a tremendous debt of gratitude, BonnerJ, for furnishing that link. I worked on Melody Messenger long and hard and being rarely proud of my work I'm proud of the recording, mostly b/c of the care I (and Bobby) took on every track. Why let some cavalier fly-by-night company screw it up after all that just to save a few bucks?To quote that lovable scamp Cyrano: 'I thank you, I thank you---and again I thank you!'...