Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

User Info Menu

Recently two (jazz) guys here in my hometown initiated a quarterly series of session nights with the intention to bring together local and regional musicians from different styles that have never played together before and most probably never would if it wasn't for this type of event.
    I was asked to join for the second of this series and didn't want to do what I'd usually do: play some straight blues - it wouldn't have been much of a challenge for me so I requested to do Nat Adderley's "Work Song" that I had just learned to play.

This was the first time I ever played anything "jazz" in front of audience plus there wasn't any rehearsal - just preparation on each individual musician's side.

A friend of mine recorded a video clip on his smartphone. Here's the clip - any comments welcome...

Bonus track: backing up a local singer on T.Bone Walker's "Evening".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Tasty!
    Best regards, k

User Info Menu

can never go wrong with nat adderley...

good tone..can tell your workin! (so's the rest of the band!) but that's a good thing!! strive on guys!

in your comfort zone on the t-bone...tho you play it a bit like bb..who was big t-bone man...nice

cheers
    Last edited by neatomic; 05-27-2019 at 12:49 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks ck!

Quote Originally Posted by neatomic View Post
    can never go wrong with nat adderley...

good tone..can tell your workin! (so's the rest of the band!) but that's a good thing!! strive on guys!

in your comfort zone on the t-bone...tho you play it a bit like bb..who was big t-bone man...nice

cheers
    Thank you - you are right - the T.Bone is my comfort zone!

Thanks to everybody who cared to watch and listen as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A long journey starts with the first step...and although I have long forgotten about my destination I'm still enjoying the journey.

User Info Menu

& in good company

wes is on the original!

cheers