Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    <font size="4"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color: rgb(28, 30, 33); font-size: 12px;">


    This time around a 1930's classic. I hope you'll enjoy it in all it's simplicity, have a good one.



  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    Cool.

    I especially liked the harmonics at the end.

    But I don't like the rapid camera changes. There are too many of them and they don't really fit to the mood of the song. May be you should use less of them and blend them together, instead of switching. But maybe that's just my opinion.

    Anyway the playing was great!

  4. #3

    User Info Menu

    Lovely performance! agree about the camera changes, but I guess you didn't ask haha
    White belt
    My Youtube

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford J17 View Post
    Cool.

    I especially liked the harmonics at the end.

    But I don't like the rapid camera changes. There are too many of them and they don't really fit to the mood of the song. May be you should use less of them and blend them together, instead of switching. But maybe that's just my opinion.

    Anyway the playing was great!
    Hey,

    First of all thank you so much, I'm glad you liked the playing! And yes about the rapid camera changes, after watching it again I think I agree with you, this is the first video I made using two different angles, I'll take it into account for the next one Cheers, and thanks again! Have a nice day!

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by joe2758 View Post
    Lovely performance! agree about the camera changes, but I guess you didn't ask haha

    Thank you so much!! Yeah I didn't really ask about it, but all feedback is more than welcome, and I'll definitely take that into account!!

    Thanks and have a good one!

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Really enjoyed your beautiful solo guitar rendition of Body and Soul!

    Lots of cool chord voicings and bass lines as well as masterful playing.

    One of my favorite songs - thank you for posting your video for us!

    Regards,
    Steven Herron

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Herron View Post
    Really enjoyed your beautiful solo guitar rendition of Body and Soul!

    Lots of cool chord voicings and bass lines as well as masterful playing.

    One of my favorite songs - thank you for posting your video for us!

    Regards,
    Steven Herron
    Thank you so much Steven, I really appreciate your comment, and taking the time to listen to my playing! Have a really good day, hope to hear some new stuff from you soon too!

    All the best
    //Emanuel

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Sounds great. A nice arrangement, sticking to the melody with rich use of voices below and super-clean technique.

  10. #9
    Beautiful.
    i wish I had a transcription - I’m too lazy to sound it out, although that would be educational.
    i recently “discovered” Shell Voicings and Body and Soul (Real Book 5) was the first tune I applied that principle to.
    Lovely.
    Thank you

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Great playing and tone. It is nice to hear a guitar player just play the tune without trying to be super hip by using odd sounding reharmonizations. IMO, a beautiful tune like Body and Soul should be performed with the composers harmony. Bravo to you!
    _____________________________________________
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
    Sounds great. A nice arrangement, sticking to the melody with rich use of voices below and super-clean technique.
    Thank you so much KirkP for your feedback. Yeah, I think the song is so beautiful in itself so I really tried keeping it simple, I'm really glad you liked it! Again, big thanks. All the best!

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStudent View Post
    Beautiful.
    i wish I had a transcription - I’m too lazy to sound it out, although that would be educational.
    i recently “discovered” Shell Voicings and Body and Soul (Real Book 5) was the first tune I applied that principle to.
    Lovely.
    Thank you

    Thank you so much!! Yeah it's both a beautiful and fun tune to play, and good to study different harmonic idea on. If I ever write this arrangement out I'll let you know!

    All the best!

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger View Post
    Great playing and tone. It is nice to hear a guitar player just play the tune without trying to be super hip by using odd sounding reharmonizations. IMO, a beautiful tune like Body and Soul should be performed with the composers harmony. Bravo to you!

    Stringswinger, thanks for this nice words! I really appreciate it and completely agree with you, it's a really beautiful tune and I would hate to "destroy it" so I'm really happy to hear that you liked it! Have a nice one and thanks again! //Emanuel