Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

yes, another solo recording...i'm messing around with this arrangement a little, so let me know what you think

jeff matz: audio files

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Jeff,

Very nice playing. Loved your tone, and what you did with the tune. Very tasty treatment. I am going to have to listen to that a couple of times, and maybe steal a couple ideas. Thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

I really enjoyed that; playing arrangement, tone, recording - everything.

Thank you.
    Last edited by pete; 11-13-2007 at 08:36 AM.

User Info Menu

Sounds great. I listened to Here's that Rainy Day too. I've always liked that song.

User Info Menu

beautiful rendition of that song, really enjoyed it!
    ...practice is fun

User Info Menu

a late thanks to you all! happy thanksgiving!

User Info Menu

very very nice

User Info Menu

Excellent...I love the little vamp...very cool.

User Info Menu

thanks, all...

i stole the idea of including a vamp on this tune from cannonball's "something else"

i've been doing this tune with a drummer lately and stretching out a little "frisell" style...if we record it i'll put it up as a comparison.

thanks for listening.

User Info Menu

very nice nice jose

User Info Menu

I listened to all the songs... sounds great! you should try to find a bassist and a drummer.. start a kind of trio arrangment.
    Avi
    "A world without music would be truly a wasteland" -Arnie Lawrence

User Info Menu

believe me, i've been looking. everybody i find either sucks or is good but so gig hungry it's obnoxious. doesn't anybody do it for fun anymore?

(well, on craigslist i can find twenty guys to play metal with, but, alas...)

User Info Menu

Jeff, very nice phrasing. I think I read that you are playing a tele....well, it sounds great! I know what you mean about finding people with taste to work with. Guitar is a secondary instrument for me...I'm primarily percussion. In my case, I can't find guys that like a traditional trio project. Those of us that play a 4 piece kit with an 18 inch bass. Wish we lived close together! I suspect a great trio would be at hand. Good work and thanks for posting.

User Info Menu

thanks for the nice compliments JH.

it'd be cool if we did live close and formed a trio, but we'd need a bass player too...all i can find are jaco-offs...

very good tone and ideas! i sort of know how hard it is to do a solo guitar, and improvising in that... so well done, very impressive.

i'd like to ask you to record All the things you are... can you do this please?

User Info Menu

I have an arrangement of "all the things"--I'll try to record it this weekend...

oh great thanks man!!! and again great playing!