Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Hey I wrote my first Gypsy jazz style tune, if anyone is interested in checking it out I would appreciate any comments.

Cheers
    Leigh Jackson

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Excellent work, I thoroughly enjoyed that! The audio and video quality was quite good, compared to many other youtube videos, with almost no hum or noise. Did you record the rhythm track yourself or was there a second guitarist? ...And if I may be so bold as to ask, what is the progression?

Congratulations, The only way that could be more accurate is to have played that with two fingers, while smoking a cigarette.

-G
    Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
    Pinky: "Yes, but why does the chicken cross the road, huh, if not for love? (sigh) I do not know."

User Info Menu

Hey thanks for that Gabriel, I recorded the backing myself but I haven't written it down yet so if and when I'll post it. Funnily enough there are a few gypsy jazz guys on youtube who just use 2 fingers, as if it is going to make them sound better just using half their hand:-) I am sure Django would have used them all if he hadn't had the accident. All the best
    Leigh

User Info Menu

Actually, sometimes I like to make restrictions on myself for fun, just to see how I can work around it: like, only using two fingers, not playing on the d string, playing no single notes (always harmonies), no quarter notes, etc. etc. etc.

You'll be surprised what kinds of things you would come up with!

-G
    Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
    Pinky: "Yes, but why does the chicken cross the road, huh, if not for love? (sigh) I do not know."

that was one of the most enjoyable youtube video's i've ever been witness to. thank you for making my whole night better with your wonderful music.

Thunder

User Info Menu

Pure class! the man himself would be proud!
    Its nice to hear someone playing manouche without sticking to the (admittedly lovely) 2 time feel usually associated with it too.
    Did you get the lovely warm feeling when you solo over changes you wrote yourself? so you know them inside out with relatively little effort, and it all makes far more sense than usual.... mmmmmmmmhmmmm
    nice one
    This is not a link.

User Info Menu

Nice!! I let everyone in my office listen and they all loved it.
    Keep em comin'. I want to hear more.

Man, it was very, very, very good! Congratualtions! True gypsy feel!

User Info Menu

Great video. Quality is amazing. Love the sound on it too. Yes, keep them coming please!!
    Wes Montgomery anyone?

User Info Menu

Concur with everything said above, and waiting for answers to ALL the questions!

User Info Menu

nice work,Leigh....loved it

User Info Menu

Wonderful!

User Info Menu

Simply great and with superb timing

User Info Menu

Excellent work, soulful and inspiring

User Info Menu

Very nice man, keep on swingin' !
    Guelda

User Info Menu

Very nice!

User Info Menu

Awesome.
    If I may make a suggestion,you need to keep the volume lower on the rhythm part on your final mix.That would bring our the beauty of your rendition even more.

User Info Menu

That was fantastic! Very, very nice.

User Info Menu

Nice playing! Really a beautiful song! Bravo!