Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 13 of 13

User Info Menu

In another thread there was some artists out there, so heres a new thread for any artists, the ones i got below are the works ive got in my house at the moment (the rest being at school) and theyre going chronologically to the right. Enjoy and all that!
    This is not a link.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Cool!! I like them all. What's your favorite medium to use?
    I like acrylic and charcoal. For stone sculpting, I use marble. It gets pretty expensive though so I dont' get to do too much of that. I'm going to take pictures of my work and post them as soon as I can.
    Thanks for sharing your work.

User Info Menu

Wow you made those!?!?! They are incredible!!! Are you professional?!!!

How much time and effort did you put into them?!!
    Wes Montgomery anyone?

User Info Menu

So you're a college student? or highschool? I don't know how the education system works in the UK, being Canadian and all... regardless, nice work! what are you studying? I mean do you have music courses at your school, like in theory and arrangement?

-G
    Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
    Pinky: "Yes, but why does the chicken cross the road, huh, if not for love? (sigh) I do not know."

User Info Menu

Medium-wise i enjoy collage most really, but dont get to use it often. All the paintings are in oil paint, once i started usin oils acrylics kinda seem impossible to use. The two drawings were done with 9B solid graphite chunks, pretty messy stuff, but it gives a bit more definition on a big piece (theyre about a metre by a metre-and-a-bit each).
    yeah I'm in the last year of school, which would usually be college but my school does two years (in which to study for A-levels) and i tihnk is the same as high school in the states (18 years old.) Music really sucks at the school, we just really have to do things like analysing Haydn and other squares, wouldn't mind if it was decent classical but its not so great. Then we have to do history tests, and practise composing in the style of a bach chorale :| playing is only 7.5% and composition is another, but the markers are mainly classical narrowminded folk, so you cant get away with playing or composing anything modern in the jazz idiom :S
    Thanks for the nice stuff said

oh ps edit; I'm not a professional i did make them and they range from about 2 days to 2 weeks to do (not solidly)
    This is not a link.

User Info Menu

sean, i like your stuff, especially the pieces that seem to be purely shape based (really like the first one, sort of klee-y)

here's a few paintings of mine from a more recent series. i'm interested in color fields and the way color effects mood when presented in a large scale format (these are all about 6feet by 6 feet), and these are all based off intentionally bad photographs-- out of focus, cropped heavily, etc...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...tmusic/as3.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...tmusic/as2.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t...tmusic/as1.jpg

all of these works are acrylic on unstretched cavas, and all are untitled...

User Info Menu

Nice work, Mr. Beaumont! I read on your profile that you're an art teacher. Do you have any other paintings or pieces online?

-G
    Brain: "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
    Pinky: "Yes, but why does the chicken cross the road, huh, if not for love? (sigh) I do not know."

User Info Menu

Mr. Beaumont,
    Your work is amazing!! That's one of the coolest things about forums like this. You get to meet some of the most talented people all over the world. Thanks for sharing. I'm still working on getting pictures and posting some of my stuff so hopefully over the weekend I can get that done.

User Info Menu

thanks all...
    yes, i am a high school art teacher, in chicago...this board has become a nice distraction on my free periods...

most of my stuff is in slide format, so i'll have to work on taking a few more photos to post. glad you liked it though. art and music have always been my loves, and since i chose art as my career, i'm happy to have music as a great hobby...

User Info Menu

nice one mr beaumont, they're really class seems really together, in terms of all the elements are complimentary together. Don't know about you, but that's one of the times that art is better than having a gig; the fact that in a a visual piece you always know that it's yours, and you know how you want to make it etc etc, but in a band if you're putting up with someone crap, that's out of your hands. anyway sweet mate yeah!
    This is not a link.

Seanlowe, Mr Beaumont,

Nice work! Thanks for sharing.

-FunkyE9th

User Info Menu

Those are brilliant.

And music at school consisted of banging out ABBA tunes on piano. I'd have given anything for random classical music

User Info Menu

Really cool! I love art (specially Salvador Dalì)! Someone feel the urge to help me make a good "logo" or something for my really weird project? All I have now is a picture from The Isle Of Man... Check it out at:
    www.myspace.com/augustmind

PS: It's not a very serious project, so I don't want to pay for anything
    I wish my lawn was EMO. Then it would cut itself...