The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 31

User Info Menu

2015 model. 1 owner, and shows zero play wear.

The guitar is absolutely as mint as can be. I may have played it a dozen times in home only. It has a new set of TI Bebop rounds installed.

Includes the Eastman hard case and original certificate.

Spruce top, Mahogany sides and back, Eastman floating pickup.
    Body dimensions: 17”x 3 1/8”

* Christmas Special - the current AR610CE is listed on reverb for $2400.

$1500, pp friends, plus shipping. I’ve many references here.

Eastman AR610CE - 00-b7525119-14f5-4704-bc88-ba82ffcbcf41-jpegEastman AR610CE - 00-b6c389e4-0994-4780-abdf-359322178157-jpegEastman AR610CE - 00-ac02a5a8-e663-4316-853a-f9a482cc5bca-jpegEastman AR610CE - 00-81bf87fe-01da-4956-97d2-6c868f19b00e-jpegEastman AR610CE - 00-893ce8d7-db25-4f7b-9b67-225b415ed79e-jpeg
    Last edited by 2bornot2bop; 12-31-2022 at 07:08 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes. It's a great deal from a 0 risk seller. GLWTS 2B.

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Yes. It's a great deal from a 0 risk seller. GLWTS 2B.
    Thank you Steve!

7 day listing, to raise funds for another guitar.

It will be removed if not sold in within that period. Thank you!

User Info Menu

Boy, that's a real beaut.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Boy, that's a real beaut.
    It’s truly as new!

User Info Menu

Wow. Beautiful.

User Info Menu

GLWTS 2B!

What guitar are you buying? Inquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    GLWTS 2B!

What guitar are you buying? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Oh, you’ll be the first to know once it lands.

User Info Menu

Are these pictures of the actual instrument?

Quote Originally Posted by jersey
    Are these pictures of the actual instrument?
    Yes.

User Info Menu

Nice guitar 2b! Did you take those pics?
    Guys I’ve known 2b for over 8 years. You couldn’t find a better seller and he is an absolute gentleman.
    2b I hope your next guitar is the one!!
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Nice guitar 2b! Did you take those pics?
    Guys I’ve known 2b for over 8 years. You couldn’t find a better seller and he is an absolute gentleman.
    2b I hope your next guitar is the one!!
    JD
    Thanks bro!

No, it’s the pictures from the seller. I’ve owned the guitar for 3 months, and it’s condition is unchanged. But I haven’t played it because I purchased the Seventy Seven guitar below a week after buying the Eastman. Better to move it rather than see it sit.

Eastman AR610CE - 00-2abe1d4e-9be9-4290-932a-c9058deaf496-jpg

User Info Menu

Your 610CE is one of those guitars that comes along once in while ... drop-dead gorgeous ... a big acoustic sound .... below FMV price tag ... it's hard to believe it is still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bflat233
    Your 610CE is one of those guitars that comes along once in while ... drop-dead gorgeous ... a big acoustic sound .... below FMV price tag ... it's hard to believe it is still here.
    Me too. Hey, there’s nothing as glorious as a 17” acoustic.

Final bump before it’s gone!

User Info Menu

OK, you've got my attention. I've been reading about the 610CE all morning.

Questions:
    1. What is the weight?

2. How is pickup attached to pickguard? I've read online several people prefer to upgrade the stock pickup, but I'd hate to damage things removing the current pup.

3. I'm a little unclear on the history. First post says 2015 & 1 owner, but later post says owned for 3 months. Also, pics are from MusicStreet, which is in UK. Are you in EU or US?

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim232777

Questions:
    1. What is the weight?

2. How is pickup attached to pickguard? I've read online several people prefer to upgrade the stock pickup, but I'd hate to damage things removing the current pup.

3. I'm a little unclear on the history. First post says 2015 & 1 owner, but later post says owned for 3 months. Also, pics are from MusicStreet, which is in UK. Are you in EU or US?

Thanks!
    If that Eastman-supplied floater is the same KA-designed unit that’s on my Eastman 810, it’s really very good and you might want to give it a fair chance to please you. I called Kent to discuss changing it to one of his handmade versions and he told me there’s virtually no difference in spec or sound between the Asian version and his own. He uses the same components they do. Only if you want a specific difference in something does he think it’s worth buying a replacement from him, and he’d make it to meet your requirements.

Mine has been with me for 3 years next month, and I love it more every day. To be honest, I love my 16” Elite even more, though - it’s a great gigging guitar and I’ve never taken the 810 out of the house because of its size and relative fragility on stage. So I’ve been quietly trying to sell my 810CE7 fast enough to buy Zigracer’s 16” Elite 7, which has the same KA-designed floater that’s on my 810. My Elite is a deep honey burst with a set KA, and ZR’s 16 is identical in finish, appearance and features to my 17” 810. I’d love to have the pair of them, and the factory floater sounds mighty fine to me. But I’d only give up the 810 for an Elite with the same specs, pickup etc.

User Info Menu

I had the same conversation with Kent a few years ago about the Asian-made pickups; he said they are hand-wound by a guy in Korea using the same designs and materials, plus Kent trained the guy on how to make the pickups. He thought they would be indistinguishable from the pickups he winds here in the States, in a blindfold comparison.

Questions:
    1. What is the weight?

Thanks!
    Sorry, sold to a local buyer via Craigslist.

The AR610 is an excellent guitar. It barely weighs 6.25 pounds. And unlike their maple AR810 counterparts the 610 has a really warm tone due to its Mahogany side and back. The pickup is attached to the pick guard and it’s actually a very solid sounding pickup. I’d not change a thing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Sorry, sold to a local buyer via Craigslist.

The AR610 is an excellent guitar. It barely weighs 6.25 pounds. And unlike their maple AR810 counterparts the 610 has a really warm tone due to its Mahogany side and back. The pickup is attached to the pick guard and it’s actually a very solid sounding pickup. I’d not change a thing.
    Oh, well. Better for my bank account. I do enjoy my Godin, but keep getting drawn to the idea of a carved construction (or at least top). That and I wish I had a cutaway. I was a little worried I would be uncomfortable with the 17" body anyway.

Have a great 2023!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    If that Eastman-supplied floater is the same KA-designed unit that’s on my Eastman 810, it’s really very good and you might want to give it a fair chance to please you. I called Kent to discuss changing it to one of his handmade versions and he told me there’s virtually no difference in spec or sound between the Asian version and his own. He uses the same components they do. Only if you want a specific difference in something does he think it’s worth buying a replacement from him, and he’d make it to meet your requirements.

Mine has been with me for 3 years next month, and I love it more every day. To be honest, I love my 16” Elite even more, though - it’s a great gigging guitar and I’ve never taken the 810 out of the house because of its size and relative fragility on stage. So I’ve been quietly trying to sell my 810CE7 fast enough to buy Zigracer’s 16” Elite 7, which has the same KA-designed floater that’s on my 810. My Elite is a deep honey burst with a set KA, and ZR’s 16 is identical in finish, appearance and features to my 17” 810. I’d love to have the pair of them, and the factory floater sounds mighty fine to me. But I’d only give up the 810 for an Elite with the same specs, pickup etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    I had the same conversation with Kent a few years ago about the Asian-made pickups; he said they are hand-wound by a guy in Korea using the same designs and materials, plus Kent trained the guy on how to make the pickups. He thought they would be indistinguishable from the pickups he winds here in the States, in a blindfold comparison.
    Says a lot about Armstrong that he turned down the sales!

User Info Menu

Says a lot about Armstrong that he turned down the sales!
    I've been very impressed with his knowledge, ability and integrity. He seemed happy to talk and to share information with me. My impression is that he's a truly good guy. And even if I'm wrong (which I doubt), he's smart enough to know that most of us would be unhappy to buy a new pickup only to find out the hard way that it was a waste of money.

He's made a loyal customer out of me. I'm truly sorry I gave in to my sudden urge for a Benedetto pickup for my AF207 after hearing from several sources that Bob Benedetto called the B the best jazz pickup he's ever heard. I love the Kent-built humbucker in my Eastman Elite and have been considering getting one for the Ibby as well and replacing the EMG in my 7 string Frankenpaul with the B7.

User Info Menu

FWIW I had a B7 put in the AF207 I owned for a long time (and never should’ve…) and was never completely happy with it. Should’ve tried a KA. Have a KA floater (from him) on my archtop 7/string and there’s an import KA floater on the Loar 350 I use for teaching. I really like the sound of both. Equally.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PaulHintz
    FWIW I had a B7 put in the AF207 I owned for a long time (and never should’ve…) and was never completely happy with it. Should’ve tried a KA. Have a KA floater (from him) on my archtop 7/string and there’s an import KA floater on the Loar 350 I use for teaching. I really like the sound of both. Equally.
    To be honest, I do love the B7 on my AF. It's got a cool, classic laminated archtop sound, but with a bit more wood than most. So I'm very happy with it - but I still want to hear a KA 14 pole HB in it. I suspect that Kent would recommend a slightly different one for a laminated box than the one in my solid, carved Eastman.

When this reaches the top of my list of uses for discretionary income, I'll get the info and post it. Number 1 right now is a Mono sleeve bag for my thin bodied 16s. My Vertigo acoustic bag weighs a pound an a half more and is much bigger externally - it's even an inch or more too long and too fat to fit through the trunk opening of my car. So I'd like a smaller, lighter bag for low risk trips, better weather etc.