The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's a slinky (and rare) black Martin Taylor Peerless Maestro. These guitars are extremely high spec; carved solid spruce top, carved solid maple back, solid maple sides. Plus an ebony fretboard, bridge, tailpiece, tuning pegs, and pickguard - and a toneful black Kent Armstrong floating mini-humbucker.

An abalone orchid marks the 12th fret (there are side dot markers in the binding); the volume control is discretely located under the pickguard. Dimensions: 15" archtop, with 2 3/4" deep body, and 1 ¾” nut (this facilitates finger style, although I use a pick.
    A hard Peerless case protects the guitar; strung with Thomastik Infeld flat wounds (12-50, and playing flawlessly. The guitar was originally sourced from Doc Dosco in the San Fernando Valley.

Collection in central London preferred, although I will post fully insured, but at your cost, please.
    Attached Images Attached Images Peerless Maestro | Martin Taylor Signature | black | £2250 ono-20221130_115439-jpg Peerless Maestro | Martin Taylor Signature | black | £2250 ono-20221130_113626-jpg Peerless Maestro | Martin Taylor Signature | black | £2250 ono-20221130_115733-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just as a point of information, this is my first posting on the forum, and I'm surprised no one has commented on this guitar - or is this model considered inauthentic, or whatever? And many apologies but yes, it is in the UK...

User Info Menu

I wanted one of these for the longest time. However, for some reason the timing was never right. Now, I have an Eastman Frank Vignola FV-880CE-SB, which has the features I wanted on the Martin Taylor model (i.e. smaller body and wider string spacing). So, once again, timing. I have never seen one of these in person, but I do have a Conti Peerless first generation and it is a nice instrument. So I have every reason to believe that the Martin Taylor Maestro is too. These Martin Taylor models don't turn up too often, so if somebody still wants one, now is the time.

Tony
    Last edited by tbeltrans; 12-11-2022 at 02:52 PM.