The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Heritage Golden Eagle 17” Archtop Guitar with floating pickup in Blonde (Natural) finish.
    The price is €7000/$7200, will consider reasonable offers.
    Heritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-1-jpeg

Serial Number Y25201, made in 2008.
    It was made In Kalamazoo at the former Gibson factory by the same luthiers who worked for Gibson.
    The guitar is barely used and in perfect condition with almost no signs of wear.
    The sound is perfect just as the condition. The guitar sounds full and rich both acoustically and amplified. I found the guitar's body more resonant than some vintage D'Aguistos, D'Angelicos, and some modern luthier-made guitars like Treiners and Elfrinks.
    A few videos with the guitar to demonstrate condition and sound:

The guitar is located in the Netherlands, Groningen.
    I can ship worldwide via post, UPS, DPD or DHL. Please contact me for a shipping quote first.
    I am open to reasonable offers.

Specifications:

– 17” Acoustic Archtop Guitar
    Floating Black Pickup with no exposed pole pieces and suspended from under the pickguard
    Solid Carved Spruce Top (bookmatched)
    Carved Solid Curly Maple Back (Bookmatched),
    Solid Curly Maple Sides
    Five Piece Maple Neck (Maple-Mahogony-Maple- Mahogony -Maple)
    Ebony Headstock that has “The Heritage” logo
    Golden Eagle logo and MOP truss rod cover and has Five-Ply Plastic Binding
    Grover tuners with Ebony end pins
    Ebony Fingerboard
    Five-Piece Plastic Binding on Fingerboard and Seven-Piece Plastic Binding on the Guitar Body top and Three-Piece Plastic Binding on the Guitar Body bottom
    One-Piece Plastic Strip Binding on the f-holes
    Ebony Pickguard with Five-Piece Plastic Binding
    Gold Heritage “H” Tailpiece with integral Gold String Holder,
    Plastic Nut
    Floating Black Pickup with volume and tone control on the top of the pickguard
    Neck Joins the body at the 14th fret
    Frets = 20 Wide Nickel Silver
    Neck Width = 1.708” at the Nut, 2.092” at the 12th Fret
    String Spread at the Nut = 1.425”; String Spread at the Bridge = 2.088”
    Neck Depth = 0.804” at just behind the First Fret, and 0.947” at just behind the Ninth Fret
    Body Depth = 2.988”
    Headstock Thickness = 0.661“
    Bridge: Base = Ebony, with Gold Adjustment hardware, Saddle = Ebony and evenly compensated.
    Black Hardshell case with a Black Interior and the outside of the case says “The Heritage”.

Heritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-2-jpeg
    Heritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-3-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-4-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-5-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-6-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-7-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-8-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-10-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-11-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-14-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-16-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-18-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-19-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-20-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-21-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-22-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-24-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-26-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-28-jpegHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-heritage-golden-eagle-30-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Price drop: €5990

User Info Menu

That's beautiful. GLWTS!

User Info Menu

extra ply of f-hole binding - nice!

User Info Menu

The bridge base is upside down. Those are flying eagles. However, this is common. Someone rotates the base during a string change and doesn't notice.

You should deduct $2 from your asking price because the buyer may want to correct that!

That's a beautiful guitar. The extra binding on the f hole was custom ordered, which means the guitar did get extra attention. Often those custom builds had additional features that aren't obvious. Many of them are tap tuned, commonly by JP Moats or Marv Lamb but sometimes Aaron Cowles. The woods are "ultra", which is an upcharge.

My hunch is that this is a thinner carved top with cross bracing for a warm, loud presence.

Patrick (RIP) was among the most finicky with his archtops. Among his favorites was a similar Golden Eagle. He preferred a mounted pickup though. Many guitars came and went in his collection. This was his longest held guitar. That says a lot. Here are some of his pics.

Heritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-51857435764_298e7f6648_c-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-51859514116_4e61894158_c-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-51859848774_fae5168030_c-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-51858558952_651476877b_c-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-51860173735_555b111edc_c-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-51859597638_23c74da707_c-jpgHeritage Golden Eagle Custom Shop for sale in Europe-51860173670_00128ba2c5_c-jpg

User Info Menu

Wow, thanks for all that information!
    The guitar got into my hands with already turned bridge. And I didn't pay attention to that, but now I see that these mother-of-pearl incrustations are flying eagles. Now they look like bats
    The stamp which is inside of the guitar body indeed has names of JP Moats and Marv Lamb. Where can I find more information about those guys work? I never dived that deep into the Heritage story.
    As for your hunch you're probably right, because the guitar is really loud acoustically. And, don't get me wrong, that's a sign of an immaculate instrument. And I always dreamt about something like this. But I unexpectedly found out that it's really difficult to survive with an acoustic archtop in a common jazz club setting where you stay in a confined space right next to a drummer and an amp is right behind your back. The guitar just soaks all the loud sounds and resonates in response. And I also feel bad for her))

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    The bridge base is upside down. Those are flying eagles. However, this is common. Someone rotates the base during a string change and doesn't notice.

You should deduct $2 from your asking price because the buyer may want to correct that!

That's a beautiful guitar. The extra binding on the f hole was custom ordered, which means the guitar did get extra attention. Often those custom builds had additional features that aren't obvious. Many of them are tap tuned, commonly by JP Moats or Marv Lamb but sometimes Aaron Cowles. The woods are "ultra", which is an upcharge.

My hunch is that this is a thinner carved top with cross bracing for a warm, loud presence.

Patrick (RIP) was among the most finicky with his archtops. Among his favorites was a similar Golden Eagle. He preferred a mounted pickup though. Many guitars came and went in his collection. This was his longest held guitar. That says a lot. Here are some of his pics.

User Info Menu

The guitar has been sold.