The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Here is a gorgeous, custom white Seventy Seven Exrubato Jazz archtop, handmade at the Aska Factory in Nagano, Japan. The craftsmanship and build quality of Seventy Seven guitars give much more expensive instruments a run for their money.

The Exrubato Jazz features a spruce laminate top, a five-piece maple neck, trapeze tailpiece, ebony fretboard, and fully hollow construction with no center block—imagine an ES-330 with humbuckers. Stock Seventy Seven necks are known for their vintage chunkiness—this particular guitar has a slimmer neck, measuring ~0.83” at the first fret and ~0.91” at the twelfth fret. The nut width is 1.72”. The guitar is outfitted with Seventy Seven’s own AL255 humbuckers, which are warm and balanced, capable of producing a variety of useful jazz, blues, and rock tones.

This instrument is in excellent condition with minor play wear and a bit of patina on the pickups. The frets are in great shape. The truss rod functions as expected. Action is low with minimal relief and plenty of room for adjustment. There is a tiny ding on the rim a few inches from the lower strap pin. Ships in the original fitted hardshell case.

$1350 + shipping and 3% PayPal fees or no-fee payment with Venmo. No trade offers please.

Here is the actual guitar being played through an AB763 Fender Twin Reverb through a big ol’ Bandmaster cab loaded with a 15” Weber California speaker:

Here’s the same model guitar in more capable hands:

Seventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-1-1-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-2-1-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-3-1-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-4-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-5-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-6-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-13-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-12-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-11-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-10-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-9-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-8-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-7-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-2-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-3-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-14-jpegSeventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-screen-shot-2022-11-18-10-30-48-pm-png

Attached Images Attached Images Seventy Seven Exrubato Jazz - Made in Japan-exrubato-jazz-1-jpeg 
    Last edited by wzpgsr; 01-05-2023 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Sold

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice and jazzy! I have one in Natural like the one seen in the Deviser Japan video.

GLWTS.

User Info Menu

Seventy Seven makes fabulous guitars! Zero disappointments here!

User Info Menu

I came here last night to post a "PSA" about this one, it's a steal, and they won't make any more of these.

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    it's a steal
    Not to toot my own horn, but agreed. There is another one listed on Reverb for $2500.

User Info Menu

The grey/white color pattern is kind of gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by m_d
    The grey/white color pattern is kind of gorgeous.
    Yes, it’s kind of “milky blue” where the underlying wood is darker.

Moving this to the top

User Info Menu

Bump it! A fine gitar!

User Info Menu

What is the weight of the guitar?

Thanks,

Doug
    Last edited by Doug B; 12-09-2022 at 02:31 AM.

User Info Menu

FYI, these guitars are built to an extremely high standard. This guitar is worth a lot more than $1300.

As an owner of a 77 guitar I can firmly say that this is a giveaway price!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    I came here last night to post a "PSA" about this one, it's a steal, and they won't make any more of these.
    Why? I don't fully grasp the Deviser-Bacchus-Seventy Seven corporate structure but they have made some other odd decisions. They had a couple of brands like Brian and Jayro which seemed to come and go for no obvious reason.

Have they announced the death of Seventy Seven?

User Info Menu

FWIW wzpgsr I would totally buy this beauty - but gear acquisition quota is full for this year. Best of luck with the sale.
    Last edited by m_d; 12-09-2022 at 05:31 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by m_d
    FYI wzpgsr I would totally buy this beauty - but gear acquisition quota is full for this year. Best of luck with the sale.
    I know the feeling. I bought 4 guitars this year and I am desperately waiting for 1 Jan 2023 to roll around!

Make me an offer!

Sold pending payment

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Banksia
    Why? I don't fully grasp the Deviser-Bacchus-Seventy Seven corporate structure but they have made some other odd decisions. They had a couple of brands like Brian and Jayro which seemed to come and go for no obvious reason.

Have they announced the death of Seventy Seven?
    I am going by what Seventy Seven dealers here in the US have been told by Deviser. Production was moved temporarily to the Philippines, but it has moved from there now and Seventy Seven hasn't said specifically where they are made; probably China or Indonesia. What they have said is "no more Japanese Exrubatos".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    Sold pending payment
    Oh, so I don’t have to bump this any more. Good!

...aaaaaaand sold