The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 43

User Info Menu

Hi
    Addendum 9-21

*** The Guitar is OFF Market. ***
    I've had numerous people interested in this guitar. But for some reason, it seems no one has pulled the trigger.
    This has made me re-think selling it and I've decided to pull it off the market.

I apologize if I let anyone down.

Thanks, Joe D

I just bought this guitar. Unfortunately, I have to sell it. It’s an excellent guitar. I really like it. Just personal reasons.
    This guitar is the infamous “Wineburst”. Patrick Amato bought this guitar back in 2012.
    The guitar is unusual and rare for a couple reasons. First, it’s a rare Single pickup Golden Eagle. The second reason is the pickup is built in (not a floater). The pickup is the infamous Gibson T-Top humbucker with the patent number 2,737,842. You can look this up as there are many stories about the pickup online. I talked to Ronaldo Orlandoni (who Patrick got the pickup from) and he remembered the pickup and told me, “that pickup is worth a lot of money”.
    The neck profile is very comfortable. Not super thin, and not quite as full as the modern L5.
    Specs
    Scale 25-1/2”
    Nut Width 1-11/16
    Lower Bout 17”
    Thickness at the rim 3”
    Color Antique Wineburst
    Condition- I would classify the condition of this guitar to be very good to excellent. There were a couple of small nicks on the top. Some were drop filled. There are 2 or 3 small check lines on the top, located on the lower bout treble side. Near the knobs. The stinger is slightly off center. Other than these very minor imperfections, the guitar is, well, perfect. The finish shines like a new guitar. I made a minor modification to the pickguard. I put durable, clear laminate film over the top, to protect the beautiful ebony wood and seal off the wood grain because I did not like the feel of the wood grain as I was picking.
    The guitar is very loud acoustically. The pickup previously mentioned, is much louder than the 57 classics in my Gibson’s. The pickup is an excellent match to this guitar, as it accents the guitars clarity and bell-like tone. It is both deep and throaty and clear without being shrill. Both acoustically and electrically, this guitar has unmatched clarity. Notes played singularly or picked out of chords are crystal clear. The guitar is very well balanced. The setup allows for extremely low action.
    The gold hardware is in great shape. Just a couple of small scratches on the pickup. No tarnish. The tuners are in great shape and the finger tailpiece looks and functions as virtually brand new.
    Fretwork is polished and like new. The neck is DEAD STRAIGHT.
    The guitar comes with its original hard shell case also in very good condition.
    Price is $4100 plus shipping and PayPal fees. That is an excellent price for a guitar in this condition and in this trim level.
    Thanks for looking.

Attached Images Attached Images No Longer for Sale - 2011 Heritage Golden Eagle-eeb49043-7509-4a51-a958-70ebdc79794d-jpg No Longer for Sale - 2011 Heritage Golden Eagle-b2671087-19e8-4616-be42-b974e610aefe-jpg No Longer for Sale - 2011 Heritage Golden Eagle-21e45fcb-e0fa-4fd1-b9a8-85b7ac0b3431-jpg No Longer for Sale - 2011 Heritage Golden Eagle-d4334731-3110-4eb0-a832-217a0ac5bbc7-jpg No Longer for Sale - 2011 Heritage Golden Eagle-8af7aea1-ab65-45b8-8112-a18a89f8312d-jpg 
    Last edited by Max405; 09-21-2022 at 11:28 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have said this before (in many posts on this forum) and I will say it again.

This is a no risk buy from an excellent seller. I have bought two amazing guitars from this seller (whom I am proud to call a good friend at this point BTW) that I play all the time (and will keep till the grim reaper shows up).

Plus he is a great player and the buyer will get his DNA on this guitar. That is priceless!

JD: GLWTS!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger

This is a no risk buy from an excellent seller. I have bought two amazing guitars from this seller (whom I am proud to call a good friend at this point BTW) that I play all the time (and will keep till the grim reaper shows up).

Plus he is a great player and the buyer will get his DNA on this guitar. That is priceless!

Correction : There will be zero DNA on this guitar and it will shine better then a brand new penny. Sunglasses shiny…..

User Info Menu

What SS said!
    Joe D is the real deal!

User Info Menu

OMG, can't believe you are selling this. I've always wanted that guitar. Not sure i'm in the right place financially to buy it but it's a great guitar from a great seller.

User Info Menu

Steal alert. Have you priced a GE lately. Absolute no brainer. Selling this one will hurt, for their are no replacements.

User Info Menu

This is a beautiful instrument that's set up well with a vintage Gibson pickup.

Marv Lamb, as good as it gets with bursts, sprayed the finish. The woods are ultra.

This guitar will not disappoint and will grow in value.

User Info Menu

What a beauty, Joe! I have a somewhat similar single pickup (SD Seth Lover) GE in blonde also previously owned by Patrick. I'm sorry to hear that you have to let it go, but I hope some deserving forum member ends up with it. They will be thrilled. And, for a great price, too. And, as always, love your playing! GLWTS.

Bill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    What SS said!
    Joe D is the real deal!
    If I lived in the USA that Heritage GE , would be in my house already, as our good friends here have said, this is a win win Buy
    Joe is scrupulously honest, and any guitar he has is as new, I expect the GE to be snapped up very soon GLWTS Joe!

User Info Menu

That is a beautiful burst.

User Info Menu

Wish I had the cash! Fantastic playing Joe, and it sounds amazing in the video!

User Info Menu

I can't think of a superlative that adequately describes how beautiful and great sounding this guitar is. At times like this, I hate being poor.

User Info Menu

Thank You So much SS. But our friendship will go FAARRR beyond, "at this point". For sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Correction : There will be zero DNA on this guitar and it will shine better then a brand new penny. Sunglasses shiny…..
    Hahaaa! Yeah bro, this one sparkles for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    What SS said!
    Joe D is the real deal!
    Thank You Sky. I'm trying!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jzucker
    OMG, can't believe you are selling this. I've always wanted that guitar. Not sure i'm in the right place financially to buy it but it's a great guitar from a great seller.
    Thank You Jack. Yeah, I know I cant believe I am selling this myself. I wish I had an unlimited budget for these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Steal alert. Have you priced a GE lately. Absolute no brainer. Selling this one will hurt, for their are no replacements.
    Thank You 2B. You are absolutely correct. Its a special Guitar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Grass
    This is a beautiful instrument that's set up well with a vintage Gibson pickup.
    Marv Lamb, as good as it gets with bursts, sprayed the finish. The woods are ultra.
    This guitar will not disappoint and will grow in value.
    Thank You MG. This guitar has nice history here. You are so much a part of it. I appreciate it. JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Eisele
    What a beauty, Joe! I have a somewhat similar single pickup (SD Seth Lover) GE in blonde also previously owned by Patrick. I'm sorry to hear that you have to let it go, but I hope some deserving forum member ends up with it. They will be thrilled. And, for a great price, too. And, as always, love your playing! GLWTS.
    Bill
    Thank You so much Bill. Also, I hope it goes to someone who will enjoy the provenance. Some guitars have meaning attached. This is one of those guitars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    That is a beautiful burst.
    Thanks Woody
    Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    Wish I had the cash! Fantastic playing Joe, and it sounds amazing in the video!
    Hey my good man. Thank you and I hope you and the Ms's are doing great!
    Quote Originally Posted by rsclosson
    I can't think of a superlative that adequately describes how beautiful and great sounding this guitar is. At times like this, I hate being poor.
    Thank You!
    You know, I realized something not long ago. I was having some issues when recording, particularly with the sound. For me, the sound gets a little distorted when I am recording while I have the ceiling fan on. This recording had the fan on. I dont do that any more, for sure.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    If I lived in the USA that Heritage GE, would be in my house already, as our good friends here have said, this is a win win buy.
    Joe is scrupulously honest, and any guitar he has is as new, I expect the GE to be snapped up very soon GLWTS Joe!
    Thank You Foxman. You are one of the greats. Thanks for everything.
    JD

User Info Menu

Whoever grabs this guitar will be in for a treat! You couldn't find a more honest seller who is a great guy and takes better care of his guitars than you can possibly imagine. This will be a risk free sale. I have purchased from Joe before and his instruments are generally even better than described. This is an amazing deal and a fantastic instrument from one of the nicest guys on this forum. Somebody is going to be very happy!!

Doug

User Info Menu

As others have noted - a no brainer for someone looking for a rather rare , single built in pickup Golden Eagle - from a long standing trustworthy forum member. If Joe says it good - it’s better than good

Joe takes particular care in detailing every inch of his guitars. They are polished to perfection and set up - for low, buzz free action.

Heritage guitars are still bargains compared to escalated Gibson prices - and I don’t expect this one to last too long.

GLWTS Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Where is this guitar located or shipped from?

User Info Menu

A stellar instrument from a stellar seller who is a stellar player and a stellar human being. Four stars!
    Best of luck with the sale, Joe!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hammy
    Where is this guitar located or shipped from?
    The Guitar is in Watchung New Jersey, 07069

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gitpicker
    Whoever grabs this guitar will be in for a treat! You couldn't find a more honest seller who is a great guy and takes better care of his guitars than you can possibly imagine. This will be a risk free sale. I have purchased from Joe before and his instruments are generally even better than described. This is an amazing deal and a fantastic instrument from one of the nicest guys on this forum. Somebody is going to be very happy!!
    Doug
    You are an angel bro. Honor to know you!
    Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    As others have noted - a no brainer for someone looking for a rather rare , single built in pickup Golden Eagle - from a long standing trustworthy forum member. If Joe says it good - it’s better than good.
    Joe takes particular care in detailing every inch of his guitars. They are polished to perfection and set up - for low, buzz free action.
    Heritage guitars are still bargains compared to escalated Gibson prices - and I don’t expect this one to last too long.
    GLWTS Joe.
    Thank You QA. Nobody knows guitars and takes care of them like you. You know, if you dont take good care of them, they become shadows of themselves quickly. Play em, and keep em nice. Thats what we do! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    A stellar instrument from a stellar seller who is a stellar player and a stellar human being. Four stars!
    Best of luck with the sale, Joe!
    C74! Thank You Sir. Neatomic is proud. I am too. Proud to know you!
    JD

User Info Menu

There are some guitars I'd want just because Joe D. was selling them. He's the best, a classy gentleman to buy from, and the ES165 I bought from him remains among my all-time favorite guitars. Somebody needs to buy this guitar yesterday.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    There are some guitars I'd want just because Joe D. was selling them. He's the best, a classy gentleman to buy from, and the ES165 I bought from him remains among my all-time favorite guitars. Somebody needs to buy this guitar yesterday.
    Thank you Lawson. I’ve thinking about man. I hope everything is going great.

You know, this happens all the time. I played the guitar this morning. Frankly speaking, if it doesn’t sell, I’d Love to keep it. It’s truely an amazing guitar. And I’m not saying that just to help sell it. I picked it up this morning and it was great in every way.
    I have something else I want to buy. I can either not buy it, or, figure out another way to do it. We will see what happens.
    But thank you all for the well wishes.
    This forum will always be near and dear to me. It has made some really great things happen for me.
    JD

User Info Menu

Great playing on a great sounding guitar. I wish i'd live closer and could have a go at it!