The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 29

User Info Menu

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right place for a wtb topic!

I'm looking for an Eastman ar805/ar810 old model (floating KA pickup and antique varnish finish). Anyone who might be selling it? I live in the UK so Europe might be easier but never know.

Cheers
    Fran

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Aaaay, Fonz -- welcome!

[There's a "WTB" feature on the post title so everyone can see it right away.]

Happy hunting -- the Eastmans are great guitars!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Aaaay, Fonz -- welcome!

[There's a "WTB" feature on the post title so everyone can see it right away.]

Happy hunting -- the Eastmans are great guitars!

Marc
    Thank you so much marcwhy, and any suggestion on what to do next other than being patient, will be more than welcome. Unfortunately these guitars are hard to find apparently...

Fran

User Info Menu

Wasn’t that guitar available here a week ago?

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Wasn’t that guitar available here a week ago?
    Oh, link?
    F

User Info Menu

Sorry, it was Reverb that has 2 of the older models. Good luck!

Eastman AR805CE Sunburst 2004 | Reverb

Eastman AR805 CE 2005 Blonde | Reverb

Yes unfortunately none of them have the classic finish... I'll keep looking and praying

F

User Info Menu

The blonde one looks very classic to me and more importantly, the price is almost too good to be true (I've seen used AR805CEs go for almost twice as much last year).

User Info Menu

Something else to consider maybe:

Eastman AR805ce (old model) - Anyone selling it?-133504-139001-thickbox-jpg

Eastman AR-910CE Second Hand Electric Guitar

It's from a good shop (I've worked for them in the past), all UK based and you can actually go and try it out. I had a very brief glance at it while I was there recently - I remember being impressed. Great acoustic voice (loud, but also sounded mature like a vintage guitar) but I didn't have the chance to plug it in. If the price is a bit high you could see if they'll move on it... doesn't hurt to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by xavriley
    Something else to consider maybe:

Eastman AR805ce (old model) - Anyone selling it?-133504-139001-thickbox-jpg

Eastman AR-910CE Second Hand Electric Guitar

It's from a good shop (I've worked for them in the past), all UK based and you can actually go and try it out. I had a very brief glance at it while I was there recently - I remember being impressed. Great acoustic voice (loud, but also sounded mature like a vintage guitar) but I didn't have the chance to plug it in. If the price is a bit high you could see if they'll move on it... doesn't hurt to ask?
    Thanks a lot buddy, a 910 usually costs way more than this even though this one has a few marks.

I'll keep an eye on it (and the store! Always better to not rely only on reverb etc) despite it's not an antique varnish finish which is the colour I wanted. It's always hard to compromise...

User Info Menu

What are the differences with the AR810CE in fact? Is it just a question of luxury or are their design differences.

The top wood on this guitar looks gorgeous, it seems to have the wide kind of grain that I associate with a lush tone.

Hi all,

Still haven't found it, but I would not lose this thread yet.

If anyone has a clue please let me know!

F

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz
    Hi all,

Still haven't found it, but I would not lose this thread yet.

If anyone has a clue please let me know!

F
    You’re searching for a needle in a haystack. If you relax your demand that the guitar must be a certain shade, you have options. But demanding both an early vintage and a shade is a stretch. All imho.

You're probably right, but I'll hang in there for a while as I've seen them around, mostly only in the US unfortunately.

User Info Menu

Sorry, it was Reverb that has 2 of the older models. Good luck!

Eastman AR805CE Sunburst 2004 | Reverb

Eastman AR805 CE 2005 Blonde | Reverb
    The Blonde one looks very much to me to be a Golden Age.
    finish. The other lists a nut width of 1&11/16"; I believe this is likely an honest mistake. Afaik there was no custom options available in 2005. Most likely both of them are wonderful instruments and both will have a varnish finish.

Maybe I wasn't clear before, this is the colour/finish I'm looking for. Hopefully someone will sell it sooner or later.
    Attached Images Attached Images Eastman AR805ce (old model) - Anyone selling it?-img_20220826_090002-jpg 

The first link on reverb would be great, but unfortunately they do not ship outside of the US...

User Info Menu

Maybe I wasn't clear before, this is the colour/finish I'm looking for. Hopefully someone will sell it sooner or later.
    Frankly, this finish is really not so different - and you leave it out in the sun enough it might "antique" faster (ah, but you're in the UK... )

Eastman AR805ce (old model) - Anyone selling it?-lvagu02dp5j3pna2t7qv-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thelostboss
    Yes, I saw it yesterday and bought it almost immediately.... I'll keep you posted!
    Fran

User Info Menu

Yes, I saw it yesterday and bought it almost immediately.... I'll keep you posted!
    Fran
    Congratulations. It pays to call Rich often to see what he has incoming. I assume you did that or got lucky. Either way, congratulations, your patience paid off!

Congratulations. It pays to call Rich often to see what he has incoming. I assume you did that or got lucky. Either way, congratulations, your patience paid off!
    I just got lucky, or at least I hope so as the item is still in stock a day after my payment. Which could mean others might have bought it (before or after me). Still waiting for an answer from them, I wouldn't want to cheer tool early...

User Info Menu

I just got lucky, or at least I hope so as the item is still in stock a day after my payment. Which could mean others might have bought it (before or after me). Still waiting for an answer from them, I wouldn't want to cheer tool early...
    i’d give Rich a call on his cell. I called him a month ago on a Saturday after I purchased an unsold guitar on the website. The website isn’t updated in real time. But he answered his cell.

I’d call his cell
    559 642-7419

Thanks man, I wrote to him on FB and email, I'm in the UK now and I was hoping he had WhatsApp but apparently he doesn't. Is there any other way you think I could reach him without an overseas call?

User Info Menu

Thanks man, I wrote to him on FB and email, I'm in the UK now and I was hoping he had WhatsApp but apparently he doesn't. Is there any other way you think I could reach him without an overseas call?
    Remember SMS? International ones may cost you but it'd be far less than an international call. But check your contracts (land/VOIP line and cellular) for current rates; I think that calling the US is included in the unlimited call minutes I have with my internet contract.

Another way to contact him would be to leave a comment on the youtube video.