The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 27

User Info Menu

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'd bet that's a fake ad, based on how low the price is.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wzpgsr
    I think you're right. Looks to be stolen content:

Seventy Seven Jazz Hawk Deep Hollow body Guitar( Gibson es | Reverb
    But the photographs are not the same..

May be a legit ad. I would ask whether it's a Japanese model vs. Indonesian as Seventy Seven has a cheaper line now and they cost a lot less.

If I were local I would call the guy and go look at it.

update: emailed the guy to see if it was a 'jt' (less expensive) model. It's the nicer Japanese model. Response was quick and well informed including a phone number. I think it's legit but everyone has to do their own diligence.
    Last edited by Spook410; 08-02-2022 at 06:51 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410

May be a legit ad. I would ask whether it's a Japanese model vs. Indonesian as Seventy Seven has a cheaper line now and they cost a lot less.

update: emailed the guy to see if it was a 'jt' (less expensive) model. It's the nicer Japanese model. Response was quick and well informed including a phone number. I think it's legit but everyone has to do their own diligence.
    I’ll delete my post. None of my damn business anyways

User Info Menu

I’ll delete my post. None of my damn business anyways
    None of mine either and I think your observations were good ones though maybe this one time it's legit. There are so many scams that buying from Reverb and especially CL has become a minefield.

I would probably buy this guitar if it were local and it all worked out. Or if it were a JGF regular selling. Just don't see shipping a guitar in August and don't want the risk of all the unknown unknowns involved with Craigslist.

User Info Menu

I stand corrected. That’s a great price. Someone should jump on it.
    Last edited by John A.; 08-04-2022 at 02:48 PM.

User Info Menu

I’d not hesitate in buying it. Surely someone here from LA could drop in to verify it’s the real deal.

User Info Menu

Great MIJ guitar, also very light. I have owned one and paid more for it. This is a steal.

User Info Menu

I’m in communication with the seller and waiting to speak with him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I’m in communication with the seller and waiting to speak with him.
    I recently sold a single pickup, less blinged out Standard version (maple laminate vs. Spruce on the Jazz) of that guitar on the forum. Copped the vintage ES-175 vibe quite well. For $1200? Sheeeeeeeyit. Snatch it up!

User Info Menu

These weren't that expensive brand new, though...at least when they were available.

1200 seems reasonable

User Info Menu

Okay. The guy is a Dentist. Here’s a clip of the guitar.

User Info Menu

I asked him what the depth of the guitar was, and he immediately responded with this photo.

MIJ Seventy Seven Jazz Hawk-fac3c520-30eb-4625-8d0d-75483b8d7152-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarbean25
    These weren't that expensive brand new, though...at least when they were available.

1200 seems reasonable
    Weren’t they $2400? That’s half off, and the guitar is reportedly mint.

User Info Menu

I asked him what the depth of the guitar was, and he immediately responded with this photo.

MIJ Seventy Seven Jazz Hawk-fac3c520-30eb-4625-8d0d-75483b8d7152-jpg
    This is a great way to verify whether a seller actually has the guitar in question. Good work, 2B!

User Info Menu

Okay. The guy is a Dentist. Here’s a clip of the guitar.

He's got a couple of other clips with the same guitar. Like I hear in John A.'s clips with the same model Jazz Hawk, I hear a nice, compressed splat in the upper-mids that sounds a little more interesting (to me) than a typical modern ES-175. I think that's a combination of the spruce top and Seventy Seven's own AL255 pickups, which are fantastic.

User Info Menu

I should buy it out from under you..

User Info Menu

I should buy it out from under you..
    Have at it, I’ve decided against it. He estimated shipping to be $150 to Seattle.

User Info Menu

Have at it, I’ve decided against it. He estimated shipping to be $150 to Seattle.
    Was just kidding.. too many guitars as it is. I should be selling.

User Info Menu

Interesting ES-175 style split rhomboid fretboard inlays. I thought that they all had dot inlays.

This is one of the nicest MIJ ES-175 types. A nice guitar on its own terms. I would buy this for a jazz enthusiast not hung up about the name on the headstock.

User Info Menu

Good work 2B. nice to see the community working together like this.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Interesting ES-175 style split rhomboid fretboard inlays. I thought that they all had dot inlays.

This is one of the nicest MIJ ES-175 types. A nice guitar on its own terms. I would buy this for a jazz enthusiast not hung up about the name on the headstock.
    It truly is. It’s quite a buy. You guys are talking me into buying it!

User Info Menu

It truly is. It’s quite a buy. You guys are talking me into buying it!
    It’s time to seal the deal. Even with the shipping costs this guitar is going to punch way above the price you’re paying.

User Info Menu

It’s time to seal the deal. Even with the shipping costs this guitar is going to punch way above the price you’re paying.

Thanks for the advice. I bought it. Like I needed another guitar!

User Info Menu

He's got a couple of other clips with the same guitar. Like I hear in John A.'s clips with the same model Jazz Hawk, I hear a nice, compressed splat in the upper-mids that sounds a little more interesting (to me) than a typical modern ES-175. I think that's a combination of the spruce top and Seventy Seven's own AL255 pickups, which are fantastic.
    Yes, and I hadn’t seen this clip until you mentioned it. An old flame.