The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 26

User Info Menu

Up for grabs is a beautiful Sadowsky LS-17 Archtop in Caramel Burst, lowered price to rock bottom $4500 for this amazing Professional level arch top.

"Designed for lovers of the classic “EL FIVE,” the LS-17’s appeal lies in its 17" wide body and 25 1/2" scale length giving the player a big, warm sound. The thinner 2 3/4" body makes the guitar much more comfortable to play."

Guitar is in almost new condition, goodie bag still unopened in the case.
    Selling to fund other recording studio needs, looking to get this one in the hands of someone that can make it sing.
    Price is $4,500.00 shipped to lower 48, others split shipping cost.

I am in Los Angeles, CA, local buyers encouraged, come check it out.

Removed trade list, this guitar is up for sale only at this time.

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1744-copy-jpg

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1751-jpg

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1758-jpg

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1763-copy-jpg

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_3643-jpg

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1753-jpg

Here you have the official specs from Sadowsky;

https://www.sadowsky.com/sadowsky-in...rchtops/ls-17/

Thanks JGF
    Last edited by pablop; 08-17-2022 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Lowerst Price

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That's beautiful, but are you sure that's Sienna Burst? It looks more like the Caramel Burst.

Go here and scroll down.

https://www.sadowsky.com/sadowsky-instruments/archtops/

hi WoodySound, you are correct, it is Caramel Burst, I never get these right...

User Info Menu

Thanks Citizenk74,
    been following the forum as a browser for a long time, about time to join.

some more images here

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1750-copy-jpgSadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1755-jpgSadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1754-jpgSadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1747-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1763-copy-jpg 

User Info Menu

that's really pretty. looks like a tiger.

User Info Menu

Stunning.

Lowered the price to $5250 on this one.
    Listed the Recording equipment gear I can consider as partial trade.

User Info Menu

I really like this instrument. I couldn't justify spending over 5 grand on one, I'm cringing at the prospect of spending 3.5 grand on a new falcon, but given the choice on looks alone, this would win hands down.
    I'd need to be earning dollar from playing to rationalise it, I wont ever be that good, so to me they are toys (in the nicest possible sense) but having a toy looking that good would be awesome. The buyer will be a lucky owner.

thanks Doktah B,
    it is indeed a nice guitar, but not to contemplate, to play it as it is intended to.

On the price point that is line of thought we seem to have different points of view.
    I have grown to understand the school of buy once and right after owning and disliking a lot of run of the mill guitars, G-brand, E-brand, H-brand and more.
    I found that they had all the correct parts and none of the special feel/sound/playability that a guitar like the LS-17 has.
    And even so Sadowsky is amongst the lowest priced professional archtops you can find.

I love a good Gretsch too, but that is a different animal altogether.
    Thanks for the props, looking for that lucky next owner.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pablop
    thanks Doktah B,
    it is indeed a nice guitar, but not to contemplate, to play it as it is intended to.

On the price point that is line of thought we seem to have different points of view.
    I have grown to understand the school of buy once and right after owning and disliking a lot of run of the mill guitars, G-brand, E-brand, H-brand and more.
    I found that they had all the correct parts and none of the special feel/sound/playability that a guitar like the LS-17 has.
    And even so Sadowsky is amongst the lowest priced professional archtops you can find.

I love a good Gretsch too, but that is a different animal altogether.
    Thanks for the props, looking for that lucky next owner.
    I totally agree on the buy it once perspective, go for the best first time then you don't have to replace later on.
    I pretty much take that perspective on all things, tools I tend to go for festool, kitchen knives global etc. I am not a chef or a tradesman but it is nice to work with great quality. It doesn't improve what I make, I just don't have to spend time fighting equipment to get the best standard I am capable of.
    It's a bit like cars in a way, I can't afford a Maybach so an E class does the job. nowhere near the same quality but it's luxury enough. Even if I could afford a maybach I am not sure I would be able to justify the cost when what I have is like driving around in an armchair.

Your guitar is so beautiful I would personally get it just for the looks alone, The bit where I struggle is knowing my own abilities will never be good enough to justify going into that price bracket. My skills will never get the best from it, I think there is a cost to ability equation. With something like tools, the cost is not massive in the first place, around £1000 is a little ouchy for a saw, but it's not too bad when I consider I can make that back building one door. With the guitar, It will make a great heirloom for one of my future generations, not just in future value but in playability context too, so I do believe it is a good buy. I just don't plan on dying quite yet and my playing isn't good enough to benefit from such a quality instrument. I don't believe my playing warrants spending over £800 on an instrument, I am that bad, however I will get a falcon simply because they look awesome and ever since I saw billy duffy playing one in the 80s it's been on my wish list. now i am old I figure why the hell not (it also looks like a goose).

I also love the look of the White Falcon Gretsch from the The Cult days, still keep them on rotation on my playlists.

Lowering the price on the LS-17 to $4800 shipped in the lower 48.

slashing the price to $4500 for this almost new Sadowsky LS-17.

The long scale on the LS-17 gives great note definition, Sadowsky are known for their full and even tone across the fretboard and across strings.
    Good enough for Russel Malone and Sonny Rollins;
    "he tried it on the second set of the first night, and has never put it down since......"

Sadowsky Guitars: Russell Malone and Sonny Rollins

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-malone_rollins-jpg

The LS-17 is still available, listed locally too.
    Updated trade interests;

Gibson Acoustic with 1 3/4 Nut width only, please don't offer anything that is not 1 3/4" nut width, I do not jive with narrower nuts.

Nord Stage 3 88 Keys

Neve Designs or AMS Neve 16 Channel Summing Mixer

User Info Menu

That’s a beautiful guitar, and the price is right! Is it finished in nitro?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    That’s a beautiful guitar, and the price is right! Is it finished in nitro?
    2019 probably not, but so what? Sadowsky's polys are ultra thin.

I cannot find the lacquer specs online, here what is on Sadowsky's site

https://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/members/20375.html

And here a review on VG magazine;

http://chrome-extension://efaidnbmnn...S17_review.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images

the year of manufacture is written on the label inside the guitar;

Sadowsky LS-17 - ,250-img_1755-jpg

User Info Menu

Wow, that is absolutely stunning and at a very fine price as well. I think that will make someone very, very happy. Good luck with the sale!

Killer archtop looking for a player.
    Priced to sell, not in need to liquidate it.

Only trade interest at this point is an acoustic Gibson with fingerstyle nut width, 1 3/4".

User Info Menu

So beautiful it deserves a bump.

User Info Menu

My 2005 is nitro. An email to Sadowsky would easily determine when they switched over.

User Info Menu

I believe the LS-17 is discontinued. Grab this one! Despite Sadowsky promoting it as an L5 alternative, it's really more like an ES-350.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 08-18-2022 at 10:21 AM.