The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

Have a D'Angelico SS and it's the PERFECT size, but I play mainly unplugged and with the center-block it just sounds muffled when unplugged.
    So looking for an acoustic archtop 15" x 1 3/4' for the lower bout.

Closest I have been able to find for a reasonable (non-collectible) price is the Eastman T145... which is an absolutely beautiful creation!
    Also love the 1 3/4" nut which gives my fingers just a little more room.

Been on the hunt for an Eastman T145, and information about them.
    Boy these things are not the easiest to find information on, yet I know they come up for sale occasionally.

If you have one, know of someone who has one, or knows a bit about them feel free to comment or DM.
    Would also consider another make / brand if price is reasonable and it sounds wonderful acoustically.

And yes, I have considered the following... but ruled them out - at least for this round of GAS:
    The Gretsch 6119 at 15 1/2" x 2", Awesome guitar but just don't feel the need for all the 'extra' (Bigsby, extra holes in the top, etc.) for what I'm looking for atm.
    Gibson ES-275 Thinline (15 1/4" x 2 1/8")... but with those starting at about $4k used right now... it's not on the priority list.
    Had an opportunity to play an Eastman Jazz Elite 16 (16" x 2 1/4") recently and it's a dream, yet still a bit bigger than desired for my daily driver.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I owned one of those, and it was a very nice guitar. I'm still a little unhappy I sold it. The acoustic tone wasn't great, because of the very shallow body, but it was loud. Good luck in your search.

User Info Menu

How about an Eastman ar503 (carved top) or a403 (laminated top)? They're thicker than a T145, but still a lot thinner than a typical full-depth archtop. Both have strong acoustic sounds.

User Info Menu

I have a T-145 SMD (Spruce top, Maple back and sides Double pickup). I bought it specifically because I wanted a solid top, thin line guitar with a longer scale length and an ebony fretboard (and I don't have the bread for a custom build). I looked for quite a while before finding this one and pounced immediately.

It is a terrific guitar, super comfortable to play and sounds wonderful. It became my go-to gig guitar almost immediately.

The guy I bought it from was a guitar major at USC, and their shop installed a coil tap on the neck pickup, which is activated with a push-pull tone pot. The single coil sound is also excellent, it's a very worthwhile modification. The set up on it is also very good, really nice frets.

I would consider selling it, I suppose, let me know if this might be of interest.

User Info Menu

I just sold one(SMD-two pickups)and yes, it has good and loud acoustic sound for its size.Very nice guitar.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I have an eastman el rey 1 with a solid spruce top. Very small and light with a surprisingly good acoustic voice. The pickup wasnt much though so changed it for a zoeller

User Info Menu

I have an Eastman AR603-15 for sale on the boards here. Nice, small-body archtop with mounted pickup, mahogany back and sides.
    Last edited by garthmoore; 05-18-2022 at 12:24 PM. Reason: lin k

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    How about an Eastman ar503 (carved top) or a403 (laminated top)? They're thicker than a T145, but still a lot thinner than a typical full-depth archtop. Both have strong acoustic sounds.
    Yes and thank you! Finding that I either like big and thick (17"x3") or medium and thin (15" x 1 3/4").

Quote Originally Posted by RayS
    Aren't these semi-hollow? I found that the S-H I've played seem somewhat dull acoustically. Have you played one of these acoustically?Always learning, so would be happy to learn that a S-H can be just as bright under the correct conditions.

User Info Menu

Hi. I have my T-64 up for grabs if you want to chat. Much like an 330/335.

Surplus to needs as I always use the other 2.

Hardcase and certificate etc...

Very clean example and used for a wedding g drinks reception once and then played at home very minimally.
    Attached Images Attached Images Eastman T145 (or possibly similar)-16547690449601794164208564039247-jpg Eastman T145 (or possibly similar)-20220609_110602-jpg