The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 23 of 23

User Info Menu

Don't know the guitar or the seller. Thought some here might find it interesting.

Gibson L5 wesmo custom art - musical instruments - by owner - sale

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Spook410
    Don't know the guitar or the seller. Thought some here might find it interesting.

Gibson L5 wesmo custom art - musical instruments - by owner - sale

Why is it that everytime I look at a really nice guitar, my wife tends to be walking behind my computer screen, peek over my shoulder and say : You're not buying another guitar ..! are you?

Ray

User Info Menu

Wow. That 'un shore is purty!

User Info Menu

Because we are always looking at really nice guitars, it’s bound to happen LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayS
    Why is it that everytime I look at a really nice guitar, my wife tends to be walking behind my computer screen, peek over my shoulder and say : You're not buying another guitar ..! are you?

Ray

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzimprov
    "Why is it that everytime I look at a really nice guitar, my wife tends to be walking behind my computer screen, peek over my shoulder and say : You're not buying another guitar ..! are you?

My wife says the same thing without the ...are you? part.....
    I should have described the look on her face when she says are you?.. but she's watching, so I can't.... but told her the seller won't ship so I'm off the hook sorta speak...

Ray

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

This used to belong to QAMan who had in turn bought it from Scot Ware: Gibson Wes Montgomery CSWM | Reverb

$6750 to $15000 in six years. I think I'll wait until the recession next year to buy any more guitars.

User Info Menu

It's mine that's the I'm on the fence about selling this price. If someone is interested feel free to PM me. I've done deals with a few people here. The reason for selling is I'm retiring soon and collecting some funds for a game room. Gibson prices are pretty high right now check out the price for a new wesmo.

User Info Menu

Ok please don't take offense the seller did not start the thread but did post. For me this is just bit too much I really like the looks of the regular Wes L5 better, but this certainly has super figured maple back.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Ok please don't take offense the seller did not start the thread but did post. For me this is just bit too much I really like the looks of the regular Wes L5 better, but this certainly has super figured maple back.
    No offense we all have different taste variety is the spice of life. This is mostly for the collector type I get super nervous everytime I play the thing. I personally am into the super bling thing woodcarver on this forum is building me an over the top tele right now. Gibson L5 Wesmo Art Division K CL-pxl_20220405_171305933-jpg

User Info Menu

Well in terms of $$, a Marchione guitar
    (Mike Moreno) was at around d $27,000 when I called him a couple of months back, so Holst guitars and prices seems awfully good to me.

User Info Menu

That's some crazy maple!
    And blingus maximus!
    GLWTS
    Most guys that see a blonde that beautiful get very lustful, irrational, and excited. Maybe cause abnormal behaviors, like spending large sums of money on her!

User Info Menu

Another point of view here.
    I happen to think that your L5 Wes is one of the most spectacular guitars I’ve ever seen. In fact, I know that guitar pretty well and dreamed of owning it a while ago, but one day, the price of it grew waaayyy out of my reach. That guitar was made to be seen and played and I would never restrict its use to only collector or presentation status. Well, maybe after its 80th birthday perhaps. Until then, in my book, your guitar will be one of the most spectacular L5 Wes’s ever - and it’s definitely a player.
    Everytime I see your guitar, I get goosebumps.
    Best of luck with the sale. The bar has been set really high with your guitar and I think the right buyer will help return your investment. The market ebbs and flows. Be patient. And get it out there. It will sell to a very lucky person with impeccable taste.
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Thanks Joe your a stand up guy and a pleasure to do business with. I am curious what ever happened to the 165 that was a great guitar. I already have interest locally so we will see how that goes.

User Info Menu

You got it buddy.
    The incredible 165 I got from you is currently owned by a really good guy and fellow forum member.
    Your L5 is going to make someone happy for a long, long time.
    JD

User Info Menu

I am not motivated to sell any of my 15 guitars at present, but most of them can be had for 15K.

User Info Menu

It's an incredibly beautiful guitar. If QAman had it in his collection, that means it has to be among the best archtops.

It's a unique guitar. Given what standard Wesmo's go for, price seems kind of reasonable if you are interested in either an investment or if the style appeals to you. Not like you're going to see any more of these.

User Info Menu

Wasn't there a top of the line Gibson Kalamazoo Award of the late 70's that was similarly appointed? It took the top of the line as the acoustic floating BJB PU guitar, limited edition show stopper. I remember the one I saw had a similar selection of woods and trimmings. I wonder if this was cut from the same billet of wood. It seems they would have made nice companion pieces.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    That's some crazy maple!
    And blingus maximus!
    GLWTS
    Most guys that see a blonde that beautiful get very lustful, irrational, and excited. Maybe cause abnormal behaviors, like spending large sums of money on her!
    "blingus maximus"- I'ma totally stealing that! Merci!

User Info Menu

Here's a 400 from the same year. When Bob went to pick it up he met with James and in his work bench was the fancy Wesmo hardware. Gibson can build you a pretty fancy L5 but the price is going to be punishing. Gibson Custom Shop Super 400 Custom Vintage Sunburst Used - Willcutt Guitars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    I have to agree, just a little too much. Very interesting though.