The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 29

User Info Menu

PRICE DROP $1,449.00

Natural 2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan
    Alot of bang for the buck!

First year of the Elite Elitist line of guitars 2003-2008. Apparently Ovation guitars didn't like Epiphone using the "Elite" name. Copyright infringement. So the change to "Elitist".

Excellent Condition; My luthier cleaned her up, polished the frets...... D'Addario NYXLs 12s.

The bridge appears to be have been replaced with nylon saddles. The guitar has been played and very well taken care of. IMO the combination of age and being played has made the tone most excellent for this guitar.

Note: There is a bump in the top of the headstock. It was touched up. You can't see it in the front or back headstock photos. Also, there is a very small, 2-3 1/16", strait scratch at the f-hole on the base side. Apparently you can't see it in the photos.

https://www.topguitars.info/epiphone...guitar-review/

$1,449.00 PayPal (Friends)
    +shipping
    No trades
    (Lower 48 States Only)
    Shipping box 52"x20"x9
    "
    Zip code shipping from 15143
    Assumed Weight 25 lbs.

2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-1-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-2-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-3-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-4-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-5-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-6-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-7-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-8-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-9-jpg
    2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-20220418_074027-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-20220418_073856-jpg
    Last edited by Fear the Reaper; 06-24-2022 at 08:34 AM. Reason: PRICE DROP

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Going, Going, going……….

User Info Menu

I recognize that guitfiddle!

User Info Menu

This is my favorite guitar of all time. Almost kinda sorta want a second one, just in case. Not like that many of them are out there.

User Info Menu

Many thanks to DMgolf66 for selling this guitar to me! A fantastic seller and highly recommend by myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    I recognize that guitfiddle!

User Info Menu

25 lb. ??? That can't be right.

User Info Menu

Referring to Shipping weight I believe!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Referring to Shipping weight I believe!
    That would make more sense. Shipping weight would also include the case. And remember-all that bubble wrap is HEAVY!

User Info Menu

Bump for a supernice guitar.

User Info Menu

Bump… Terada baby!

User Info Menu

The bridge appears to be have been replaced with nylon saddles.

I wonder if it's possible to find original saddles or a replacement bridge for this guitar?

User Info Menu

I suppose so. I replaced my entire bridge, because I wanted a different alloy. It's metric. I forget if the original was gotoh, but I have a vague recollection that it was Japanese made and not the regular Gibson one. Which is a plus for me.

Also, quit trying to get me to buy this guitar, I already have one I'd love to mod it but don't have the heart to, given their relative rarity. But some filter trons might be cool. Even full humbuckers just to have a way better 335. But they are so cool and special as is. Truly the best guitar ever.

User Info Menu

Imperfections mentioned.

2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-20220418_073856-jpg2003 Epiphone Elite Sheraton Semi Hollow Archtop Made in Japan-20220418_074027-jpg

User Info Menu

Such a great guitar and plays so well, even for a beginner like me.

User Info Menu

It's such a nice guitar.

User Info Menu

Ugh

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    Ugh
    Lots of interest on Reverb. But I hate it and would much prefer a forum member to buy it. Why? Keep it in the family and buy it back down the road!

User Info Menu

I'm assuming this has the fairly shallow neck profile, yes?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisking
    I'm assuming this has the fairly shallow neck profile, yes?
    I don't have calipers to measure the neck. However, on line website reports first fret .83 and the 12th fret .91.

For comparison I have a PRS SE hollowbody II piezo guitar with a reported "fat wide" neck. The Sheraton is definitively a shallow neck profile in comparison.

To be honest I really didn't notice the neck profile so much because of how it sounds and plays.

User Info Menu

F**k me if that was in Europe I would take it immediately.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kekkuli
    F**k me if that was in Europe I would take it immediately.
    Nah, I would have bought it 2 months ago if it was in europe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Reaper
    With the recent gun violence here, at times I wish I did live in Europe.
    Every time I think of st louis baby back ribs I wish I lived in the US, so theres pros and cons I guess

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Reaper
    With the recent gun violence here, at times I wish I did live in Europe.
    Recently publicized.

User Info Menu

I have a friend from Boston coming over end of the month.

I wonder if he could smuggle it in for me.

User Info Menu

great guitar !