The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is one of Road Runner's Highway Series of premium gig bags, sold and sized for acoustics / dreadnaughts / archtops. I bought this RR5AG for my 16" Ibanez AF207 and discovered that it holds my 17" Eastman just fine too. It's a tough, well made bag that's hard to beat for the price. The only problem with it for me is that it's just a bit too long to fit through the lid opening into the trunk of my Scion FR-S, so I've never taken it on a gig. It has a flat, full length zipped compartment over the guitar with pouches for music, cords, etc. They're selling for $119 right now at the usual online dealers. It's yours for $75, with local pickup only. If you’re more than an hour away but less than 2, I’ll meet you halfway.

Road Runner RR5AG gig bag for acoustics & archtops-rr_gigbag_featurelist-png Road Runner RR5AG gig bag for acoustics & archtops-rr_gigbag_big-pngRoad Runner RR5AG gig bag for acoustics & archtops-rr_gigbag_big_open-pngRoad Runner RR5AG gig bag for acoustics & archtops-rr_gigbag_zippers-png
    Last edited by nevershouldhavesoldit; 01-23-2022 at 05:59 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Nice bag for the money. Where are you located?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Reaper
    Nice bag for the money. Where are you located?
    Just outside of Philadelphia.

If it fits in the passenger seat of a Miata, it’s sold. We’re trying to determine that now.

User Info Menu

Hmmm - shipping strikes again! The cheapest rate to send this bag from Philly to NC is a hair under $40 using shipguitars.com for their discount UPS rate. Regular ground is about $60 from UPS, FedEx, and USPS. This is nuts, given that a new one is $120 + any local sales tax from MF, SW, GC etc. I don’t see any availability from any of them today, but they’ll restock and there are other decent bags from Gator, RR and others for $130-150.

So the only fair way for me to get enough to make selling it worth the effort is to do it regionally, ie no shipping. I’ll drive halfway to meet, if it’s no more than an hour of Philly each way to get it to someone who wants it for $75. Otherwise, it’s a great bag that I’ll keep using to store a guitar in my gear closet.

Disappointing but realistic! Thanks for looking.

User Info Menu

I have been down this road before. The bag because of its size and diamensions size at the cost of a guitar. The answer for shipping is if you can fold it and reduce the size.

Im in Pittsburgh.
    Quote Originally Posted by nevershouldhavesoldit
    Hmmm - shipping strikes again! The cheapest rate to send this bag from Philly to NC is a hair under $40 using shipguitars.com for their discount UPS rate. Regular ground is about $60 from UPS, FedEx, and USPS. This is nuts, given that a new one is $120 + any local sales tax from MF, SW, GC etc. I don’t see any availability from any of them today, but they’ll restock and there are other decent bags from Gator, RR and others for $130-150.

So the only fair way for me to get enough to make selling it worth the effort is to do it regionally, ie no shipping. I’ll drive halfway to meet, if it’s no more than an hour of Philly each way to get it to someone who wants it for $75. Otherwise, it’s a great bag that I’ll keep using to store a guitar in my gear closet.

Disappointing but realistic! Thanks for looking.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fear the Reaper
    The answer for shipping is if you can fold it and reduce the size.
    I even thought about wrapping it in that clear stuff they use to seal baggage for airline travel. But the max L x W x H dimensions would only go down by about 1/2" each, and a box weighs less than 2 pounds. This bag won't fold or crush - it's pretty tough, with reinforcing panels in it.

I could always just get a new car with a bigger trunk