The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 27

User Info Menu

In the unlikely event that you have paid a deposit and are on Mark’s list for delivery 10 to 16 months from now, and now are reconsidering, I’m your guy! I’d be willing to refund your deposit and compensate you (reasonably) for your trouble in order to take your place in line. Of course, we’d need to square this with MC first. PM me if interested.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Novel idea!

User Info Menu

Kind of like real estate these days…

User Info Menu

The word is out. Campellone guitars rock ! Ooops I mean jazz
    He went from a 4 month wait to over 2 years.
    He is so dedicated to his craft. He doesn’t travel or take vacations.
    Building great guitars is his life.
    Also he is as anal as me and that shows in his guitars.
    Trust me when he hangs up his chisels watch the price of a Campellone skyrocket.

User Info Menu

I don't think Mark publishes a list of where people are on his waiting list. I know I'm on it, but no idea where. I'm not looking to give up my spot though.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    The word is out. Campellone guitars rock ! Ooops I mean jazz
    He went from a 4 month wait to over 2 years.
    He is so dedicated to his craft. He doesn’t travel or take vacations.
    Building great guitars is his life.
    Also he is as anal as me and that shows in his guitars.
    Trust me when he hangs up his chisels watch the price of a Campellone skyrocket.
    Mark told me the list is now 3+ yrs, Vinny!

User Info Menu

Whoa, I wonder how many from the forum are on it.
    Probably a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Whoa, I wonder how many from the forum are on it.
    Probably a bunch.
    …and all I need is one who is willing to give up his spot!

User Info Menu

You could order one with whatever specs you want through one of his dealers, who already have spots on his list. Same price to you. I think this would make everyone involved happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    You could order one with whatever specs you want through one of his dealers, who already have spots on his list. Same price to you. I think this would make everyone involved happy.
    Thanks, Hammer. I inquired with one of the dealers and with Mark about this. They are all on back order. Mark put me on the list for his dealer spots, but I’m in line there as well. It didn’t sound hopeful that a spot would come up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    Mark told me the list is now 3+ yrs, Vinny!
    I honestly can't see how this isn't Vinny's fault! I know I got on the list because of Vinny, I can't be the only one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jim777
    I honestly can't see how this isn't Vinny's fault! I know I got on the list because of Vinny, I can't be the only one.
    Sorry…..

It is truly Vinny’s fault. He should have known how vulnerable we are. BTW, thanks to a tip from a forum member, I’m on the list for an early 2023 delivery! This forum is truly an amazing community!

User Info Menu

I remember that not too long ago, I was in the vast minority in singing the praises of Campellone's. They were consider lesser affordable underdogs, and frankly I was surprised because I considered them one of the finest examples of the new school lighter and ' bell-like' archtop guitars.
    I didn't get one when I had the chance and I said I'd regretted it. Lucky for me, I learned to build what I needed and I no longer had the itch.
    But in a very short amount of time, those guitars have acquired the top echelon caché that the best known luthiers command.
    Now, ironically, this very thread will seal that reputation and anyone who would have had a place on his list will surely hold onto it because it now possesses INVESTMENT value.
    A Campellone is not a guitar anymore, it's a modern icon.
    Ain't nobody gonna unload a sure appreciating investment.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    I remember that not too long ago, I was in the vast minority in singing the praises of Campellone's. They were consider lesser affordable underdogs, and frankly I was surprised because I considered them one of the finest examples of the new school lighter and ' bell-like' archtop guitars.
    I didn't get one when I had the chance and I said I'd regretted it. Lucky for me, I learned to build what I needed and I no longer had the itch.
    But in a very short amount of time, those guitars have acquired the top echelon caché that the best known luthiers command.
    Now, ironically, this very thread will seal that reputation and anyone who would have had a place on his list will surely hold onto it because it now possesses INVESTMENT value.
    A Campellone is not a guitar anymore, it's a modern icon.
    Ain't nobody gonna unload a sure appreciating investment.
    I hope Mark doesn't read this and raise his prices .....

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    I hope Mark doesn't read this and raise his prices .....
    It will still be your fault, Vinny!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    It will still be your fault, Vinny!

Gulp….hope I didn’t shoot my shelf in the foot. I am on the wait list too.

User Info Menu

Mark M., did you ever find a taker for your offer? Which model were you looking for? If you happen to be looking for something like a 17" standard, PM me. I may have something of interest to you.

Mark M., did you ever find a taker for your offer? Which model were you looking for? If you happen to be looking for something like a 17" standard, PM me. I may have something of interest to you.
    Thanks. I am actually in Mark’s current build batch. My offer didn’t get me anywhere, but I got some great advice from another forum member. PM me if interested.

PM sent.

User Info Menu

To piggyback off OP’s thread (looks like he’s in the current batch), I’m also looking for a spot on the list if anyone has one they no longer want. Thanks!

Paying it forward. Check your PMs.

User Info Menu

I can testify to the quality, playability and sheer joy of Mark's instruments. I was extremely lucky to find one on the used market in March 2022. I bought it off a guy in NYC. It was built in 2001. Supposedly it was made for Jackson Brown's bass player back in the day. I fixed it up with some adjustments, fret polishing, cleaning and new strings when I got it and it's wonderful. I wanted to sell a bunch of gear at the beginning of this year to get one really nice archtop as jazz is all I'm playing these days and probably for the balance of my playing career. It's the one I got...#194 in his build career. Couldn't be happier...

User Info Menu

After many repeat reads in this forum I reached out to Mark and my first Campellone Deluxe arrived Feb 2021. It's an astoundingly responsive instrument that has far more sustain than I expected. And yes I am on the list again for a Cameo now! Besides the beautiful symmetry of his work is some serious TONE. For me, I do put just a touch of relief so that I get more dynamic range out of the guitar. I am curious how some you Campy owners set up your action? Since I am new to the forum to hear from some of you.
    Attached Images Attached Images WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-back-campellone-signature-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-body-neck-joint-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-body-back-1-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-neck-fretboard1-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-campy-front-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-campy-complete-2-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-top-struts-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-sanded-neck-3-copy-copy-jpg 

User Info Menu

Having read this forum for several years, the consistent positive glow over Mark Campellone's archtop genius resulted in my first Campy Deluxe. It arrived last Feb 2021 and it more than lived up to expectations-fit, function, TONE, SUSTAIN. It barks when you dig in and has that wispy airy top end shimmer when you brush lightly--it goes so many places based on your attack. That being said, I find that I do like a touch of relief and action above 3/64ths at 12th fret high E to get that kind of dynamic range. How do some you set up your Campellones? This is purely subjective and only out of curiousity!
    Attached Images Attached Images WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-sanded-neck-3-copy-copy-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-top-struts-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-campy-complete-2-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-campy-front-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-neck-fretboard1-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-body-back-1-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-body-neck-joint-jpg WTB:  Your spot on Mark Campellone’s wait list-back-campellone-signature-jpg