The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi,

I recently purchased an L7 with a floating Lollar McCarty pick up. I decided to just have the L7 as an acoustic archtop and am selling the Lollar pick up system. UK based £200 ONO
    Lollar Floating McCarty pickup-unnamed-4-jpgLollar Floating McCarty pickup-unnamed-3-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

What I don't understand is, if they can make a pickup that thin, why not a standalone unit?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    What I don't understand is, if they can make a pickup that thin, why not a standalone unit?
    Coolness factor?

User Info Menu

Could you please give some measurements on this one? Hight of pickguard + pickup, length from pickup to end of pickguard (neck side).

I have an old archtop with the fretboard very close to the top. So many pickups don't fit well. I had a Dommenget jazz pickup that was pretty flat. Did fit well in the middle position location, but didn't fit at neck position.

Sure it is:

* the whole unit is 26 cm in width

*the pickup looks to be 11mm height

*the parts where the volume pots are 18mm height

*From the end of the pick up the end of the guard by the neck is 9cm

Let me know if you have any further questions.

User Info Menu

This is a very cool pickup and somewhat rare. Are you sure you want to sell it?

200 pounds may be a fair price, nevertheless, if it were me, I'd keep it!

You never know, you might wish you had it someday. And also, the Gibson has the screw holes drilled into it already! If you ever sell it, it would be better if you had to pickup installed.

Just my unsolicited opinion!

User Info Menu

@AndyJB

Thank you very much for taking measurements. Sadly this doesn't fit my guitar. I only have 5mm clearance at the neck position.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeroenvanhulsteijn
    @AndyJB

Thank you very much for taking measurements. Sadly this doesn't fit my guitar. I only have 5mm clearance at the neck position.
    A Krivo would likely fit. KRIVO PICKUPS - Home

Please note this has now sold.