User Info Menu

'50s Hofner Acoustic Archtop Porland OR CL-00i0i_cidlaon5dxmz_0ci0t2_1200x900-jpg
    No affiliation, and know next to nothing about these, but it looks interesting, especially for $850.
    Hofner compensator guitar - musical instruments - by owner - sale

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Looks like an early version of Hofner Senator. Great guitars. They also sound really good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

The guitar has a Selmer label (which has the model and serial number indicated), so it's a guitar made by Hofner for Selmer in the UK. The date is typically written on the underside of the top plate, but it's easy enough to identify - it's
    a Hofner Congress from @1958, based on features unique to that model. It looks dead stock. Most Hofner archtops from this period and moving forward have Hofner decals on their upper bass bouts, but plenty of them do not, what with beer at lunch and so forth.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 12-08-2021 at 11:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Selmer definitely made a serious Sax during this time. I also know next to nothing about that, but my best friend and sax player who played one at the time did.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Selmer definitely made a serious Sax during this time. I also know next to nothing about that, but my best friend and sax player who played one at the time did.
    IIRC, these were different Selmer companies.