Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum and pretty new to jazz guitar in general but I’ve been playing (hacking might be a better description) guitar for a long time.

I’ve been researching and reading about the different varieties of guitars used for jazz and have come to the conclusion that the Epiphone Emperor-f asb is the one for me. It checks all the boxes in terms of specs and the antique sunburst finish is just beautiful.

If anyone has one they’re willing to sell or knows of one for sale, I’d be happy to buy it. The one currently on sale at Chicago music exchange has a few issues so it’s out of the running for me.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. This forum is an amazing wealth of information and resources. I can’t thank you all enough for sharing your knowledge.

-Dan
    Last edited by DanG; 12-06-2021 at 07:58 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

May be able to help.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DMgolf66
    May be able to help.
    Hi DMgolf66,

I appreciate your quick reply. Do you have one or know of one for sale?

-Dan
    Last edited by DanG; 12-06-2021 at 12:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Dan,

I may be selling mine. All original in excellent condition.

User Info Menu

OK, I'm intrigued. May I ask what year it is, if there are any damages of consequence (sounds like no), and approximately how much life the frets have left? Would it be possible for you to upload a few pics of it?

Also, what's the asking price?

User Info Menu

Hi Dan,

I will know in the next day or so if I'm going to sell. In the meantime, here are the specs:

* all original
    * no cracks or breaks
    * currrently has custom Ebony bridge on it, but have original tune-o-matic bridge + additional custom Rosewood bridge both made my Steven Holst.
    * hardshell case
    * Recently setup with Dogal Expressive Jazz flatwounds .12s
    Dogal Expressive Jazz Electric Guitar Strings

Price would be $2,000 after any PP or Venmo fees + shipping

Epiphone Emperor-f asb-eppiphone-emperor-f-front-jpgEpiphone Emperor-f asb-epiphone-emperor-f-back-jpgEpiphone Emperor-f asb-epiphone-emperor-f-headstock-jpg

User Info Menu

OK, let me know what you decide.

Thanks,
    Dan

User Info Menu

She's a looker!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanG
    Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum and pretty new to jazz guitar in general but I’ve been playing (hacking might be a better description) guitar for a long time.

I’ve been researching and reading about the different varieties of guitars used for jazz and have come to the conclusion that the Epiphone Emperor-f asb is the one for me. It checks all the boxes in terms of specs and the antique sunburst finish is just beautiful.

If anyone has one they’re willing to sell or knows of one for sale, I’d be happy to buy it. The one currently on sale at Chicago music exchange has a few issues so it’s out of the running for me.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. This forum is an amazing wealth of information and resources. I can’t thank you all enough for sharing your knowledge.

-Dan
    I salute you for your excellent taste. The model you desire, IMHO, is one of the most esthetically satisfying designs ever made. I hope this works out for you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    I salute you for your excellent taste. The model you desire, IMHO, is one of the most esthetically satisfying designs ever made. I hope this works out for you!
    I 1000% agree. I thinks its the best looking guitar from "stem to stern" ever.
    There isn't one thing I don't love about its look.
    The only reason I'm even considering it is that I have a Super 400 on the way and if its a keeper I will need to sell a few guitars.

User Info Menu

I have a blonde Emperor F from 1983. It's easily one of the best guitars I've ever played. You can go wrong with one of these!

User Info Menu

The Emperor F guitars are well build and sound great. I used to own one of these untill I came across a real L5. Here is a picture of the only time I ever saw two of them together. The one with the Epi sign on the pickguard was mine. I hope you will find yours soon...
    Epiphone Emperor-f asb-12657272_1069297083101295_8362998693256261384_o-jpg

User Info Menu

Does the Emperor F have a solid top or laminate? Curious about how it compares to the Elitist Broadway.

User Info Menu

They are laminated. Nothing wrong with that. There is a lot of confusion about that on the net. The name Emperor also refers to the older, 40s solid top Epiphone. At one occasion. when a string change was due, I took the neck pickup out of my Emperor F and noticed clearly a laminated top. I should have that picture somewhere in the dark edges of my photo archive...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hotpepper01
    They are laminated. Nothing wrong with that. There is a lot of confusion about that on the net. The name Emperor also refers to the older, 40s solid top Epiphone. At one occasion. when a string change was due, I took the neck pickup out of my Emperor F and noticed clearly a laminated top. I should have that picture somewhere in the dark edges of my photo archive...
    I love laminates as well as solid tops. I have an L5ces plus an Aria ProII PE180 which is a laminated L5ces copy. Love playing them both. I just wanted the information, that's all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DanG
    OK, let me know what you decide.

Thanks,
    Dan
    Hey Dan,

I apologize for the delay in responding. I received my Super 400 and love it, but i decided (for now) that im gonna hold onto my Epiphone Emperor as i just like playing it and looking at it too much to part with it.

Again, i apologize for the delay and wish you luck on your search!

User Info Menu

Ok let me know if you change your mind.

Anyone else have one they’re willing to part with?

User Info Menu

Have you looked at the Verb? There are at present 3 for sale.. 1 in Spain and 2 in the USA

User Info Menu

Yeah I’m tracking those, thanks!

I would prefer to buy from someone from this group rather than from reverb though. I just feel like the guitar is more likely to have been well cared for and maintained than the crapshoot that is reverb. Not to disparage it by the way. I’ve had some good experiences with reverb but given the choice, I’d much rather buy from someone here, particularly someone who has been around and has posted a lot about a variety of topics like dmgolf66, than from an unknown as I would be doing with reverb.

-Dan